Chapter 44

Warning: Sensitive topic below.

Ellison Taylor

I was searching for a comic book to read in one part of the store when a man and woman in their 20's approached me.

"Are you looking for something in specific?" He asked as he leaned on the shelf. The woman just casually looked at the books and for a moment I thought he was talking to her. When I looked at him, he was looking at me.

"Just looking around." I shrugged looking away.

"If you take recommendations, I can recommend you some good books." He said and I give him a look.

"Do I know you?" I asked with a frown while looking at him.

"Well no, but we can get to know each other." He give me a suggestive look and I give him a blank look and looked at the woman who pretended she didn't hear anything and I quickly turned to walk away. The audacity of that man to pull me back from my elbow and put his hand on my mouth and his other arm wrapped around my stomach. He pulled me close to his body and sniffed and sigh and I felt nauseous, we are in a public space and this is happening to me. "Give me your wallet and electronics." He breathed loudly. The woman sprung into actions and started searching for my phone in my pockets.

I tried forcing my way out of them but failed miserably. I felt powerless and helpless all of a sudden and I hated that feeling.

"Keep it low, b*tch." He threatened.

"You better keep your filthy hands to yourself." Ian comes in view and the woman instantly removes her hands from my pocket. Ian pulled me towards him and pushed me to stand behind him.

Ian was taller than the guy. The woman was hiding behind the guy  and I know how intimidating and scary he can be when he is angry. He hovered around the guy, his hands was in a fist. I quietly reached out from behind to hold his hand, hoping he wouldn't do anything he will regret later.

"Relax buddy." The guy said in a calmer tone and I heard him retrieve a little. "Just having fun."

"You know what else will be fun?" Ian threatened. "Joe, I need back-up." Was all I heard next before I see Joe with three people in black suit.

The once small aisle became much smaller with them joining us.

"I want their a*ses to be screwed." Was all Ian said before Joe and the three men surrounded them and I heard Joe talking to someone on his Bluetooth.

"It's okay." I said pulling Ian's arm. "We don't have to make it a big deal." I looked at the now crowds that has gathered around us. Well, where were they when I needed help.

An older man and woman steps in from the crowds.

"We are the owner of this bookstore." The man said. "What happened?"

"Ask me what did not happened." Ian snapped.

"Police is on their way." Joe announced and everyone gasped.

The woman was trying to get away but failed miserably.

"I want the footage of where this guy touched my girlfriend." Ian glared at the poor old man and for a moment I wondered if he was the boss over here as well with the way he was talking. "I'll be filing a case on these f*cker." He glared at the guy and the woman.

The police soon arrived and asked me for details.

"You can see from the video what they did, why are you still asking?" Ian snapped at the officers.

"Relax Ian." I said trying to calm him down.

"Sir,I know you are angry." The woman officer started with a raised eye brow. "We are just getting a testimony from the victim."

"They are just doing their job." I told Ian.

"That better be useful because I'm going to file a case on those piece of sh*t. He thinks this is fun? Harassing people is fun! You know what else will be fun? When they have their a*ses beaten." Ian was fuming now as he glared at the couple  who had hand cuffed on their wrists and was on their way to the police car.

"Language sir." A male officer said. "And it's better you do not threaten him anymore it can lead you to some trouble."

"I'm fine." I said to Ian as I took his hand.

He looked at me for a moment and then sighed.

"We will file a case." The officer said. "We may need you to testify again in the court later."

"Just give me a call." I said.

We left as soon as we finished talking with the officers.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm shaken.." I said finally feeling lots of emotions all at once. I was angry, embarrassed and scared and that's when I broke down in the car and he took a deep breath and took off my seat belt. "I'm going to give you a hug.." he waited for my approval and when I nodded my head. He pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Shh.. you are okay." He said as he pat my head. "I'm here. I know you were scared.. I'm here now. I won't let anything like that happen again, I promise."

I cried for sometime and shake again when I remembered that guy's filthy hands on me.

"I'm here." He kept saying that to me until I calm down. I wiped my nose and eyes with the tissue papers that he had in his car.

"Should I drop you home now?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Please." I said. He tried talking about other things to keep me relax but I felt nauseous every time I think of the guy's filthy hand on me. I'm terrified and scared as I wrapped my arms around myself.

I hate this feeling of being anxious and paranoid. I kept reminding myself I'm with Ian and I'm safe.

"I'll go up with you." He said as he parked his car in an empty parking space. I was grateful for his consideration.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked. This time I was the one who reached out to him as we walked quietly to the building.

I see Paul and Kayla in their seat giving me concerned look, but they didn't ask me anything and I was grateful for that. I don't want to re-remember the incident.

When we were inside the elevator Ian looked at me with worried look in his eyes."I'm going to hug you again." He warned and when I didn't make an effort to stop him. He pulled me in a bear hug and kissed my head lightly. "You are safe. I'm sorry for leaving you out of my sight for a while. I won't let that happen again. I promise." And I sob again.

"I'm scared." I said finally whispering out the words.

"I know and I will make sure that piece of sh*t will think infinity times before doing this again to anymore. I'm proud of you, Elli. You stood strong and sent that guy behind the bars and I'll make sure you will get justice." He was angry now, his body was rigid. The door opened on my floor and he walked with me and waited for me to open the door to my place. When I did, I wish I didn't because I see strangers loitering around my place with plastic cups in their hands. I see two of them making out in my kitchen and the bloods drain from my body. Not this, not now. I can't have strangers in my apartment not right after that incident.

"Who the f*ck are you guys?" Ian snapped.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. To all the readers, who has been silently going through so much. I hope you find happiness in whatever you do. Please continue to stay strong. Please don't give up on yourself. There are people around you, who is silently hoping you will continue to stay strong. Please take care and stay strong for yourself.
Next update for this book is tomorrow. Thank you for your support.