Chapter 19

Ellison Taylor

When things was just about to get normal in school that's when he made a comeback. He looked moody than ever. He had his sun glasses on, his tie a little loose in his neatly ironed uniform. He walked past me, completely ignored me like before. I stood in my spot turning back to look at him as he greeted some of the students on his way.

Claire tapped me on my shoulder. "You're good?" She asked and I nodded my head, yes. "Forget about him, it's better you stay away from him if you don't want drama."

I agree I should stay away from him if I don't want anymore trouble, but then why can't I? We made eye contact for a brief moment,but then he quickly looked away and focused on the group of people he was around. I guess, we are back to where we started.

He sat at the back of the class with one of the cheerleader. He seemed back to his normal self by the end of the day. He cracked random jokes in class when the teacher was teaching (which the teacher didn't actually appreciated and that got him into detention) If I didn't spent sometime with him, I would have thought he was troublesome and would actually agree with what the teacher did, but after learning and spending some time with him. I realized he is not that bad, he do crazy stuffs but that's his way of dealing with situation.

"Ian." I called him out when he was about to leave the class.

"Oh hey, didn't see you." He said giving me a smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes. Why?" He asked a little confused by my question and then he smiled after sometime. "Oh.. you mean about with El? We are good." He brushed it off. "I have to go for practice, see you." He said waving me good-bye before leaving the class.

And after that day, he pretended he didn't see me and ignored me when I tried to have conversation with him in the hallway. It took me few more days and then I stopped trying and stopped running after him. El and him seemed to have forgotten about what had happen and are friends again which I was glad about.

Theo, from the basketball team walked up to me in the hallway and casually asked for my number.

"Excuse me?" I asked surprised by his sudden question.

He showed me his phone. "Can I have your number, please?"

"Why?" I asked.

"You seemed like my type." He grinned.

"I-I'm Sorry.." I started but Cooper beat me and completed my sentences for me.

"She is not interested, get over it. Theo." There was a challenging tone in his voice and Theo muttered something before he walked away with a scowl.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "Thanks."

"At least Claire asked me to get something from her locker."

"Are you and Claire.."

"Not yet." He smiled.

"Darn it." I laughed.

"Sorry to burst your bubbles."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Let me walk you to class?"

"I think I should be fine." I said. "You can carry on what you were doing. I'm fine."

"I'll walk with her." I heard a voice and turned to see Ian. I glowered at him.

"I can go by myself." I said. "Thanks!"

"I'll go with her." Cooper said, standing firm with his words.

"Let me handle this." Ian said.

"Ian.." Cooper warned.

"You should look for Claire." I said to Cooper. "I will handle this."

Cooper looked hesitant and give Ian a warning look before leaving us. I started walking in a faster pace towards the class.

"How are you?" He asked. I was hoping he wouldn't start a conversation. I don't want him to pretend, that we were okay because we are not.

I pretended I didn't hear him and heard him sighed. After that he didn't start another conversation. All eyes was on us as we walked in the hallway. He followed behind me, silently. When I reached my class I ignored him and went to my seat. Everyone gathered around him to talk; and just like that we pretended we never walked here together.

By lunch time, I heard lots of rumours about Ian and I and I couldn't help but feel angry towards the people for sharing false information about him and I. Claire can sense my discomfort when I saw students whispering when they walked past me.

"You know they have nothing much to do apart from starting rumours?" She said patting my back lightly. "It shouldn't bother you, honestly."

"What shouldn't bother you?" Cooper asked as he sat down beside her.

"Everyone is spreading rumours that they are together again."

"Who is getting back together?" Ian asked as he sat down beside me. I ignored him and picked on my food.

"What an honour to have you here with us." Claire said sarcastically.

"No problem!" Ian replied back with the same sarcasm.

"Ian." Cooper warned. "I think its best if you can sit somewhere else."

"Why? Does my presence give discomfort to someone?" And I looked at him, he give me a challenging look.

"No." I said in a monotone.

"See?" He said.

"I have problem." Claire said glaring at him.

"It's fine, Claire." I started.

"I'm not fine with him pretending like nothing happened. All the sh*t that is spreading and going on is all because of him and here he is pretending nothing happened. I'm not fine with it, I'm not fine with how my best friend is pretending she is okay and getting pulled in drama because of an ignorant guy!"

"What are you talking about?" Ian asked.

"I think you should go with him." Claire looked at Cooper. "Before I punch him. I'm this close to punching him."

"You can punch me for all you want, but just so you know that you guys are equally responsible for what is going on. You do know if you hang out with us, you are bound to be involve in your so-called-dramas."

"Cooper." I pleaded him. I'm scare that Claire will do something that she will regret later.

"If you want me to leave, you can tell me. You don't have to go through my friend." Ian said, suddenly his tone seemed cold and I looked at him. His eyes was blazing with fire and his hand was in a fist. He looked angry and I was scared of the boy sitting in front of me.The image of him punching El still clear in my mind.

"I think you should go." I whispered as I moved away from him, unintentionally.

"Are you scared of me now?" He said stunned for a moment.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please add this book to your reading list or to your library if you haven't yet. Thank you for your support ❤️