Chapter 42

Ellison Taylor

Around 5 pm, Ian texted me if I was leaving work at 6 today.

"Actually, I think I will be an hour late. I'm sorry." I apologize

"No worries, I'll drop by in the office soon." He said.

I wanted to question him, but I bit my tongue. He is the boss and if he wants to come here, he can.

"Okay." I replied back.

"We are planning to eat dinner here." Ben said as he walked into my office. "Would you like to join us?"

"You guys are staying late?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. "We started late."

"I have dinner plans, but thank you."

"No worries." He said. I was expecting him to leave, but he stood there.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Our team dinner is coming.." he paused.

"Okay? And?" I asked raising one of my eyebrow at him. We have team dinner every thrice a year. It's just bonding outside work, we try not to talk about work and focus on enjoying.

"We were wondering if instead of booking private rooms we can just walk in and eat?" He asked.

I looked at him and blinked my eyes. "Sure, since our team dinner has nothing to do with work. We can." I said.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"But please do call in some reservation. We are large groups."

"I will." He said.

"And please notify Rosa of the changes, thank you."

"Will do."

"Anything else that I can help you with?" I asked.

"That'll be it." He said and he excused himself to walk out.

Ian walked into my office around 5:45 pm in a dark blue shirt and black jeans with a coat on. His hair styled up perfectly.

"Hello, Ms.Taylor." He greeted. His eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Mr.Collins." I greeted back. "How can I help you?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "How can you be so cold towards me? I said Hi to you and you are greeting me like that?"

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. "I'm still working.. you are my boss at the moment." I pointed out.

"But, I'm not working at the moment." He smiled.

"Well, I'm still working so.."

"Ms.Taylor." He said amused. "Since I'm your boss at the moment. I allow you to get off from work, early today."

I scowled at him. "Bosses shouldn't misuse their power."

"Am I?" He asked quizzically. "I just thought you have been working hard and that you deserve to go home early."

"I won't be in next week." I said. "I can't just get off work without completing my work."

"I'm bored." He said.

"Doesn't matter." I said. "You can sit on that couch and read some books or do something." I pointed at the dark couch in the room and he pouted. "Just an hour more."

"I hope so..." he said and say down while pouting.

Ian was very distracting. He keep glancing at me or looking at me making me uncomfortable with his stares.

"Stop staring at me, I'm working."

"I'm bored." He said.

"Mr.Collins, I think you have many other things to do instead of staring at me." I said.

"I have emails to reply to."

"Then what are you doing?"

He pouted and took out his phone and that kept him busy for the next half an hour. When he is working, he takes everything very seriously. He frowned at the screen while scrolling and checking things and typed on the screen. He made a number of phone calls here and there and I must say, he talks to me in a better tone compare to whoever he spoke to in those half an hour. He snapped at them and demanded them to do things. Well, he's the boss and he knows it.

I was done at 7 pm and I was waiting for him to finish whatever call he was on. He was annoyed by the phone call.

"I'll talk to you later about this." He snapped. "I have a date to go on." and just like that ended the call.

I didn't miss the word 'date' on his sentence and my heart skipped a beat and I scolded myself for even getting excited about that.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"We might have to skip the movie." He pouted. "The reservation was for 8 pm."

"What reservation?" I asked.

"I booked a hall for us to watch a movie."

My mouth dropped opened. "No way."

"I'm serious." He said.

"Did you already pay for that?"

"Yes." He said.

"We still have time, is it far from here?

"About 20 minutes."

"We still have time, let's go.."

"Dinner first." He said.

"We can have dinner later."

"I made a dinner reservation at 6:30, but you wanted to work."

"You should have told me." I said.

"We can go for dinner first."

"Did you make another reservation?"

"No." He said. "But I can get one."

"We will go and watch movie first then."

"What about dinner?"

"We can buy some snacks while we watch the movie and then go for dinner?"

"Snacks you mean those greasy fries and popcorn?"

"It's delicious. Let's get going." I said and took my coat from the hanger and pulled him out of the room by his arm.I immediately left his arm as soon as I saw eyes on us.

"Goodnight sir." Ben called out.

"Night." He said and took my hand in front of his employees and my coworker. I tried pulling my hand back but he held on it tightly and pulled me towards the exit.

"Bye, Ms.Taylor." Rosa said as we walked pass her desk.

"Keep me posted, Rosa." I called out while Ian dragged me to the elevator.

"Yes,Ms.Taylor." She said.

"Well, I think we should act professionally in front of my coworker." I glared at him.

He looked at his watch and said, "As far as I know.. I'm not at work and so are you. We can do whatever the heck we want after our work hours."

"You definitely have lots of explanations,don't you?"

He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "That's how I win clients." His eyes gleamed with humour and I chuckled while shaking my head.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a vote and a share. Next update will be tomorrow.