Chapter 40

Ellison Taylor

"I will be in the office in the afternoon." I said.

He give me a guilty look. "I have to finish my works before I go on short vacation." I explained.

He nodded his head, "Sorry for what happened in the meeting." He apologize

"Don't be.. it was our fault. You are doing your job as a boss." I reassured. "Thank you for standing up for me."

"I should have did the same thing back then." He said. "I'm sorry about the last time."

"Things happened and we can't change the past but we sure can try for the future?"

"That's what I'm hoping for.." he said.

I changed the topic and asked about his other companies.

"I can show you around the other companies. You might change your mind and may want to work in the other one." He grinned.

"I doubt that." I said.

"You never know." He shrugged.

I can't disagree with that.. I don't know maybe in the future I may have a change in heart and then may have other career but for now I love what I'm doing.

We didn't left the place until midnight. I was still surprise people was still coming in as we were leaving.

"What time is your work tomorrow?" He asked.

"I was planning noon." I said thoughtfully.

"Until?"

"Maybe 8 pm?"

"Can you go earlier?" He asked hopeful. "Like 10?"

"Are you telling me as my boss or suggesting me?"

He smiled. "Suggesting. We are off work remember?"

I chuckled. "Should I go early to work?"

"You should." He said.

"And then what?"

"We can go for early dinner and watch movie?"

Do I want to spend time with him again? I thought. We did made some progress.. but it doesn't change anything.

"I'll let you know?" I answered.

"Okay." He said. "I heard your brother is moving here. Is he here now?

"You want me to remind you about being a stalker?"

"I don't stalk people, Ellison. I only made an exception when it came to you and I apologize for that. I know I should have asked consent before doing a background check on you, but you and I both know you would not be happy by that announcement."

"True."

"I won't do that again." He said. "Unless it is very very necessary."

"Are you asking me for future purpose?" I asked amused.

"Yes and no." He give me a shy smile. "I hope I don't have to do that, again." He frowned.

"I don't want that either." I said. "And about your question earlier- no, he's not here today"

"Very well, I need to have a talk with him as well. I guess that can wait.. for now have a good night?" He said.

Well, morning." I said after a while and I went for the door.

"Joe dropped your key to the security desk." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Have a good night, Ellison." He said.

"Goodnight." I said and opened the door. He made sure I walked inside the building before leaving.

I see Paul and Kayla, the night securities for our building on their desks. Both of them was wearing their uniform and was checking something on their screen. Kayla's auburn hair was in a bun while Paul's short salt and pepper hair was brushed.

"Good morning Paul, Kayla." I greeted.

"There you are." Kayla said. "Someone dropped your key here." And passed me my key.

"Thank you." I said.

"Very good looking gentleman." Paul said with mischief in his eyes. Joe is like in his 30's or 40's, but he is not bad looking.

"His name is Joe." I said.

"Really? When I asked him- he said his name is Ryan." Kayla said. "And I asked his age."

"That guy was clearly uncomfortable with the question, but Kayla was very persistent."

"He is older than you by a year." Kayla said with a delightful clap. "But where were you? Who was he?"

"I was meeting with a friend and he said he can ask someone to drop my car off."

Kayla was curious. "I'm sure he can't be that good looking like Ryan. Have you met him before?"

"No." I said.

"Okay, Kayla. Ellison needs to go home and rest." Paul interrupted. "This conversation will never end."

"I'm just asking the questions on behalf of those young women." She pouted. "Some women saw them and was very pleased with what they saw and asked me about him."

"Oh Kayla." I said. "I'm sorry, I have never Ryan before and I can't provide you with his informations even if I know him due to privacy."

"I hope he come back soon." Kayla said. "I might ask him if he is interested to go on a date with my daughter."

"I see that's where you are going." I said amused now.

"My daughter needs to get out of the house and starts socializing! She is either focus on work or on TV." She sighed.

"She will get there soon.."

"I hope so." She said.

"Goodnight Ellison." Paul said.

"Night Paul, Night Kayla." I said.

"Goodnight,honey." Kayla said.

When I opened the door to my apartment, the automatic lights turned on by itself and I gasped at the sight in front of me. My apartment was in a complete mess. There were open suitcases with clothes thrown around.

"What the heck." I shouted. This can't be happening on a Friday night.

"Oh.. seem like you decided to come home. Well, Hello cousin." Marilyn said as she walked out in a bath robe with towel wrapped around her wet hair and a wine glass in her hand.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote. I really appreciated your support. Next update is tomorrow!