Chapter 62-The End

Ellison Taylor

Aunt Melissa walked out, unsure of the situation.

"What?" She asked quietly.

"Grandma is talking crazy." Marilyn said.

"Don't you dare speak about your grandma like that." Uncle Jim snapped.

Grandma shake her head and looked at Marilyn. "I can't believe I was supporting you all this time. I'm glad Ian chose Ellison." She looked at me. "I'm sorry, Ellison." She started crying. "I have been nothing but terrible to you."

I moved out of Ian's arm and wrapped my arms around my grandma.

"As long as we will focus on getting better. We are all good." I cried. "We are okay, I'm not mad anymore. I apologize if I have hurt you with my words as well."

"You will pack your stuffs and will leave with us to go home and we will work together in this." Uncle Jim said softly. "We were such a bad parents."

"Who are you talking about?" Aunt Melanie said. "Why are you apologizing to Ellison?"

"Oh. Let's not talk about that." Grandma said. "I ruined our dinner." She sighed.

"Let's just enjoy the barbecue." Ian said.

"I'm out of here." Marilyn stomped her feet.

"She will be fine." Uncle Jim said. "Give her sometime alone."

"I think I should talk to her." I said. Ian was hesitant, but I give him a reassuring smile.

"Ten minutes." He said. "I'll come to look for you."

I smiled and walked inside. Claire give me a concerned look when I followed behind Marilyn. She walked out and sat on the front porch looking upset.

I sat down beside her.

"You won, happy." She snapped at me and I sighed.

"This is not about winning or losing." I said to her. "This is not a game, feelings is not a game."

"I liked him." She said.

"I understand that part."

"I envied you." She said. I was confused by her sudden sharing of feelings.

"You didn't have to attend any of those dramatic classes. While I had to go for ballerina, Violin classes, swimming classes-always made sure I'm a good girl in front of grandma.It's exhausting. You didn't need to do anything yet you get it all. No one wanted to be my friends in kindergarten. They thought you were cooler."

"I think you were pretty cool."

She laughed, a disbelief laugh. "Even after I try taking your boyfriend from you.. you are still too nice." She said looking at me.

"You need to focus on what you love to do and what you need to do to be better." I said.

"I think I will take a break away from social media's and focus on self love and care."

"Ian and I had a harsh break up back in high school and at that time, I thought my world has fell apart. Then I focused on what I loved doing, surrounded myself with positive and loved one who surrounded me with their love and support and I was able to come out from the world that I thought I would never be able to come out. Not all the time, things that I did will work out for you. You need to work and figure out." I said. "If you love photography, focus on that."

She smiled and looked at me, "This is the  first time we are sitting and talking like this, you know?"

"Trust me, we should have did long time back."