Chapter 12

Ellison Taylor

After the school ended I rushed to get home to get ready for the evening. Although it was a rehearsal, people are still expected to dress formally as if its the day of the event making it seem more realistic. I chose a simple dark blue semi-formal dress for this event and curl my hair slightly. Cooper pulled into the drive way while I was putting on my heels. He came out of his car looking handsome like always. His silver blond hair styled perfectly just like the suit he was wearing. As soon as I stepped out of the door I see him giving me a small smile and unexpectedly give me a small bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks." I said surprised by the sudden gift.

He laughed lightly. "I just want to assure you I'm giving it to you as a friend." which was a relieve to me.

"Can I leave it at home?" I asked looking at the beautiful bouquet.

"Definitely." He smiled.

The place was busy, but we somehow found a parking space and rushed to enter before the rehearsal begins. Since the real show is tomorrow. The place was already decorated with posters and everything else put up. The auditorium was half filled as we quickly looked for a spot to sit. Many people approached Cooper and questioned about his absence in the participation of this event to which he give a small smile.

When the lights started turning dim and the curtains was pulled close. I couldn't contain my excitement as I pulled out my phone to click pictures and videos. Claire looked beautiful in the light shiny pink dress, she looked beautiful and elegant as she approached the white piano. The spotlights all turned towards her as soon as she started playing. I couldn't have been more prouder, you can see how passionate she is about music with the emotions flooding with the music. At the end, she did get a standing ovation from the small crowd. I see Cooper looking at her differently than before, his eyes looked mesmerizing at Claire who was still on stage. My phone vibrated a little and I see Ian's text asking where I was. Initially I thought of ignoring him but then he kept texting me.

"I'm at Claire's rehearsal." I texted back quickly.

"Where is it again?" He asked.

"Why?"

"I want to come too!"

I had a bad feeling when I texted him the address to the auditorium. Claire still have one more performance to go,this time a group performance and if Ian make it on time that would be great.

Ian was surprised when he saw Cooper sitting beside me. His body seemed tense as he approached us. He was wearing a black polo shirt with black fitting jeans with his black classic vans and to fit his attire, he wore a black coat. Him and his friends knows how to carry themselves.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and the other beside us shush him as people was still performing. Ian ignored the people who just shush him as he looked at us for answers.

"Sit down." I whispered to him and pull him down to the seat beside me. "He's here because it's his music school's event."

Cooper completely ignored Ian and didn't bother to explain anything to him and I can sense Ian's agitation.

"Claire still have one more performance to go, please get it down or else we will get kicked out and I really don't want to get kicked out." I pleaded him. Ian looked me in the eyes, sighed and sat back on the seat looking bored as ever as he watched the performance in front of us.

I noticed him yawning and fidgeting in his seat. He was on his phone typing or doing something to keep himself busy. When I saw Claire walking back to the stage I quickly took out my phone to take her picture and then quickly to take video.

Since that was the last performance we then left the room to the hallway to wait for Claire.

"I thought you had practice?" Ian asked Cooper with a challenging look.

Cooper simply ignored Ian's question and looked at me and asked, "Let's go for dinner?"

"Excuse me?" Ian asked, baffled by his friend.

Claire came out of the room, she changed her attire to a flannel shirt on top of her white shirt and black skinny jeans.

She was surprised by the two other audiences that was with me.

"You did amazing!" Cooper praised her.

"Thanks." She said and Cooper suddenly took out another bouquet, bigger than the one he give me and handed to her. She looked pleased for a moment, but then she quickly hid her emotions.

"I was wondering if you guys wanted to go out for dinner?" Cooper asked looking at Claire for an answer.

"You guys can carry on. I actually have to go somewhere else." I said.

"Where?" Ian asked. "I'll come with you, you two can go for dinner."

"You can't come with me." I said, shaking my head.

Ian simply rolled his eyes as he pulled me along with him to the exit. He waved back at our friends.

"Where are you trying to go?" He asked as we stood outside for the arrival of his car.

"I wanted to do grocery shopping." I said giving him a sheepish smile.

"For real?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

He studied me for a moment then nodded his head. "Walmart?"

"Yes please." I said.

Doing grocery shopping in a dress and heels is much more complicated than expected. Ian didn't allow me to bend much to look for things as he think there might be perverts taking chances of the situation to which I shook my head slightly.

I would have never imagined going grocery shopping in a dress and heels, but moreover going with Ian. All eyes was on him as he walked around the store, he looked so handsome like he came out from the magazine.

"Do you need this?" He asked innocently while holding the sanitary napkin bag. Many passer-by chuckled at him while I smacked him lightly embarrassed by his sudden question.

"Don't tell me you're embarrassed. It's a natural thing." He said confused.

"I need some snacks." I said as I walked to the other side of the store quickly trying to avoid him.

"How about tampons?" He called out and I heard some giggles around us. I groaned, I think it was a bad idea bringing him here with me.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a vote and a share. Thank you for your support ❤️