"Sunflowers and black roses"

Nico pov

"Wow! This is sooo cool!" Will exclaimed. My heart warmed. This had been my secret hide out for so many years. My place to go to draw, to zone out and just get away from........ well everyone. I had wanted Will to like it.

I helped Will through the window and out to the landing on the roof of my old cabin. I had the cabin all too myself because campers believed cabin 13 to be unlucky and haunted. To me it was a sanctuary.

"Angel this beautiful..... oh look at the stars!"

I smiled at his sincerity. I layed out the picnic blanket we had brought up and poured two glasses from the bottle of applecider we had stole from the wedding. You could still hear the music as my friends celebrated and danced the night away.

"I am glad you like it sunshine." I said as I passed my man a drink.

He took the glass before taking off his suit jacket and flopping down on the blanket. "The wedding was sooo beautiful."

I sat down next him. Close enough so our shoulders where touching. "It was. Percy and Annabeth looked so happy."

Will bumped my shoulder and casually looked me up and down. " I couldn't stop staring at you in this suit. Damn Mr Di Angelo you looked hot as hell today."

I laughed, leaned in and kissed his cheek. " Yeah well take a good look tomorrow I go back too black."

Will pouted. "Awwww too bad. This blue is really working for me."

"You will survive." I said.

A loud cheer came from the party and suddenly fireworks began exploding over head. Leo's doing no doubt.

"Wow!!!" Will said with excitement. "Oh my gods! We totally should have fireworks at our wedding!"

The cider I was drinking went up nose and caused me to splutter. "Wait what?"

Will went bright red. " Oh shit.....I didn't mean too say that........ I meant if we did some day........You know......only if you wanted too...... if you never do that's okay........ I just sometimes wonder........ lame I know."

"Sunshine your babbling." I said amused. Will hid his face in his hands. He was so cute when he was flustered. I refilled our glasses while I thought about what Will said. "So you think about us getting married one day?"

Will peeked up at me through his hands. "Do you think I am crazy and lame?" He asked.

"Depends" I said seriously. "In this wedding fantasy do I get to wear black?" I then smiled at him to show him I was joking.

"Well yes actually." He said removing his hands but choosing to look out at the scenery. "You would wear a black suit and I would wear a white one."

"Sounds appropriate." I said. Tucking a blonde curl behind his ear. " What else did you think about?"

"Well I figured we could have it on my family's farm. My Ma would walk me down the aisle and your Pa walk you...... Kayla could be a flower girl.....Austin could play music" he paused a moment. Probably to see if I would object. "We would have Italian food at the reception and huge cake with us standing on top. Chocolate ofcourse" I smiled at him. He was no longer embarrassed but rather getting excited.

"I figured we could have black roses for you..... I haven't figured out what flowers for me...."

"Sunflowers." I said softly.

Will smiled. "Sunflowers and black roses. Sounds like us."

It did. I started to imagine us standing in front of our friends and family holding hands....... Promising to be together forever. "I want that." I whispered.

"I know it sounds great." Will said.

I took a deep breath. "No I mean..... I want to have and do everything you just said!" Butterflies took flight in my stomach. "Marry me!" I blurted out.

Now it was Will's turn to choke on cider. "What?" He said shocked.

I stood up pulling him with me. "I mean it! If the last few weeks have tought me anything it is that I don't ever want to be apart from you. Your my world and I....... fuck! I am doing this wrong!" I knelt down on one knee holding his hand. "William Solace..... I love you so much...... You bring so much light and laughter to my life..... I want to be with you forever.....Will you marry me?"

Will seemed too stunned to speak. Then he knelt down on one knee too. "Nico Di Angelo you are the kindest, bravest, sweetest man I have ever met. You are my safe place, my home. I went crazy this week at the thought of losing you. I don't ever want to go through that again. Yes. Yes Angel. I would love to marry you!"

I lept forward, closing the gap between our lips. My heart sored as we melted into each other. I could feel the smile on Will's face and I knew I had one on mine.

Eventually we came up for air. My forhead resting against his. "Did that just happen?" Will asked breathlessly. "Are we engaged?"

Wouldn't have thought it possible but my grin got wider. "Yes sunshine. We are engaged........here." I took off my skull ring that my sister Bianca had given me before she died. I grabbed Will's hand and slipped it on to his ring finger. "Just until I can get Hazel to make us some."

Will looked at the ring and then back at me. "I will take good care of it." He promised. He gave another kiss before lying back on the picnic blanket. I layed next to him my head on his chest.

We lay in silence for awhile. Enjoying each other and taking in the moment. I wish the world would just stop and let me stay here with Will on this roof forever. A new song started playing at the party. It seemed oddly appropriate.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

(Snow petrol - Chasing cars)

************************************

The end. Thanks for reading.