Say something

Naomi pov

"Tall latte 2 sugars please." I ordered from the hospital cafeteria. I had jumped in the car as soon as Nico called. He and I have been here all night and today. Will was okay, he has woke up a few times but is a bit drowsy.

The police had been by and taken statements from Nico. Thank god for  Nico and his friends. My poor William.

I walked up the steps and down the corridors to find Nico talking to a doctor. "He is young and healthy and will bounce back quickly."

"That sounds good." I said. The Doctor turned and gave me a small smile.

"Yes. Our William is recovering nicely." The Doctor frowned. "Now I wanted to talk to you about Will taking some time off." The Doctor looked in at Will and back a little awkwardly. "Had Will spoken about accelerating his internship?"

I looked at Nico. Once I knew everything about my son but not anymore. " What? No!" Nico said. "He has been killing himself to keep up."

The Doctor didn't seem to find the news settling. He pulled out a letter and passed it to me. It was a letter from William asking if he could do double placement time this term.

Nico peeked over my shoulder. "Thats not Will's signature." He said firmly.

The Doctor nodded. "It appears Mr Lawrence has an identical letter." Nico threw up his arms in frustration. "This does however give us the opportunity to give will a couple of months off since he is ahead of schedule."

I nodded, Nico believes Bryce will get out on bail. There will be a restraining order but Nico doubts that will keep my Will safe. We agreed that Will should come home for a while. I noticed Nico seemed a little too eager for this. Percy had briefed me on how they had broke up that night. I doubt Will still wanted that but there was a lot of hurt written all over Nico's face.

"Sounds good doctor." He smiled. He really was quite good looking.

"Nico?" Will called. Nico disappeared into the room.

**********
Nico pov

I entered into the room to see Will sitting up. He appeared clearer than before.

"Hey Angel." He smiled and I felt like a knife stabbed in my heart. Where do we go from here? He seemed to notice I wasn't smiling back. He frowned. "Is everything okay."

I sat down in the large chair. "The Doctor says you will recover fully." Nico said. "He also cleared you take a couple of months off." I'll let his mum explain the letter later.

Will nodded. Silence spread between us. I sat there awkwardly unable to find the right words. I wanted to scream at him for not listening to me. I wanted to hold him and never let him go. I wanted to cry so bad because he hadn't trust me. I wanted to go find Bryce and finish what I started. A whirlwind of hurt and pain was rolling around in me.

"Nico I am sorry. I should of listened to you." He said quietly. I just shrugged. "I definitely should not have broken up with you." That statement seemed to hurt rather then make me feel better. " Nico talk to me! Please."

I looked down at my feet. "I don't know what to say." I said quietly.

"Anything!" Will said.

"I am glad your okay." I said awkwardly. I could feel Will bore his eyes into me.

"That's it?" He asked.

"What else is there?" I asked.

"I don't know. Be mad, be sad, be angry with me....... but stop sitting there saying nothing." Will kicked back his blankets in frustration.

I looked up at him at this point. "You were a victim of a crime." I said evenly. "I don't get to be angry at you. I can't focus on......... him because if I do I will leave and do something....... bad."

Will seemed to be taken back by that. "I am here to make sure your okay and to keep you safe. Thats all." I said quietly.

Will was quiet for sometime. "Your here because you feel responsible for me?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I am" I said. He flinched at this. But he nodded.

Naomi chose this time to walk in. "Oh Will honey you are up." She smiled. "Doctor said its fine for you to go to the farm for a while." She said.

Will looked confused. "The farm?"

"Yeah Nico suggested it would be better if you come home for a while." Naomi smiled sweetly. 

Will looked at me with a world of hurt on his face. I was going to clarify why. I was gonna explain that I didn't want him to go....... but I wondered if that was true.

Naomi looked confused between us. "ummm Nico honey. Maybe you should go home get some sleep."

I didn't move. Unsure what to do.

"You should go. I am fine." Will said.

I know he wasn't. But I didn't know how to help. I know I am not good enough. I always knew that. I fail to protect everyone I love. He may be hurting now. But he is better off. I was better off alone. I stood up. I stepped closer to Will and kissed him on the forehead. "I will see you later."  Then I walked out.