"What do you want Apollo?"

Will pov

The door chimed as we walked into the small coffee shop.

I feel Nico's hand on my lower back and I feel relieved that he came with me. I scanned the room for my father. There was a stressed out mother trying to rangle her children, A couple with their heads together and a old man slummped over a glass of water. He looked like he needed a good shower and a shave. My dad doesn't appear to be here yet.

I sat down in a booth by the window while Nico went to get us coffee. It's been 2 years since I had seen my Father. That was when police had escorted him out of my Mother's house. He had told us he had come home to reconnect with his family. What he was really there for was to tamper with one of grandpapi's racing horses. If alcoholism wasn't enough, he was also a compulsive gambler.

I had told him he wasn't welcome in our house anymore. I told him he was selfish and that my mother had deserved a lot better. He was then lead away in handcuffs.

I herd a chime and looked up. My body going tense. It was a couple of girls. My body slumped back down. A moment later a hand touched my shoulder and I nearly jump out of my underwear. I turn to see the old man looking at me........ My heart stopped. Looking into his face I see a familiar pear of blue eyes.

"Apollo?" I asked. I had stopped calling him dad a long time ago.

"Hey son." He slid into the booth sitting opposite me. "Thank you for agreeing to see me."

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My father always the most well dressed, the most well groomed, looking like he fell into a dumpster.

"Didn't I teach you it's not polite to stare." He said. I adverted my gaze and allowed my gaping mouth to close. I shook my head to gather my thoughts.

"I don't remember you teaching much of anything," I said. He flinched at my words, I sighed. "Look I didn't come here to get mad at you."

He raised an eyebrow at me. It was same look he gave me when I denied eating the last piece of cake despite having chocolate all over my face.

At that moment Nico arrived with three coffees. "Who might you be?" My father asked. I realised with a start I hadn't come out to my father. He hadn't been around long enough. I realised Nico was looking at me waiting for me to introduced them.

"Apollo this is my boyfriend Nico." I watched as his eyebrows go up in surprise. " Nico this is Apollo."

Nico reached out and shook his hand. He then slid in next me. He casually drapped his arm around me. He was not one for public affection, so understood that this was a gesture of support.

"So you are gay son?" Apollo asked, he seemed a little amused by this. I merely nodded. "Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I myself am bi-sexual."

"I know, you are hardly private about your sex life." Apollo smiled like I had given him I complement. I was about to tell him it wasn't when I felt Nico draw small circles on my back.

I took a deep breath. "What did you want Apollo? Why did you ask to see me?"

Apollo shifted a little uncomfortable. I  smelled stale alchole waft over the table. "What no more pleasantries?" He pouted at me. "I don't get to know how your going at school? About your new relationship? How your mother and siblings are going?"

I took a deep breath and looked my father dead in the eye. "School is hard, we...." indicating to Nico and myself. "Are great and you lost the right to ask about Ma, Kayla and Austin." He flinched and looked away from my eyes. "What do you want Apollo?"

He took so long to answer I thought he would not speak. "I have had a run of bad luck lately. I was hoping you could help me get to New York?"

"Why New York" I asked, doubting I would get a clear answer.

"A friend of mine " I rolled my eyes. "Really Willy Octavian ........."

"Don't call me Willy!" I said. My voice sounded harsh even to me. I sighed and pushed my anger down. No one got me riled up like he does. "So a ticket to New York that's it?" I asked.

My father gave me a calculating look. I knew that look, he was trying to figure out how far he could push me.
"Well..... I could probably do with some new clothes and a place to clean up. Don't want to turn up  looking like a homeless person." I  looked at Nico. He gave me a nod. " I could also use a little cash to smooth my way in New York you know." He slipped the last request in casually like I wouldn't notice.

I turned to look at him. " How do I know you won't use it to gamble or drink." I asked. Nico hand began the circles on my back. I realised I had yelled the last statement.

"I am a lot better than I use to be." I scoffed at his words. I pushed away my coffee not able to stomach it. I only had myself to blame for this. I don't know what I was hoping for. He would walk in here sober, with his life together. No. I should of known better.

"Fine." I said. "I will buy you a ticket and clothes. You can use our place to clean up and shave. I will give you a LITTLE money, then you can GO." The sooner the better I thought.