Black roses

Nico pov

"Your next client rescheduled. You have got a free hour." Said Rachel. "Maybe you should take a nap you look like crap!"

I glared at her. "Thanks" I said crisply.

***ding ding ding***

I looked up at the door and my heart skipped a beat..... there stood Will. He looked nervous, and he was holding a bouquet of black roses.

"Hey Will!" Rach called.

"Hey Rach," he gave her a strained smile.

She looked between us and then grabbed her bag. "I might eat lunch out today." She kissed me on the cheek, "take it easy." She whispered. She then ran out past Will.

An awkward silence settled over the room. Will slowly walked up to the counter. I shuffled papers around trying to figure out what to say. He walked around to stand next to me. All I wanted was to hold him and tell him I love him but there is a huge wall between us.

"Nico...." Will said shakely. I looked up at his blue eyes. "I miss you."

It's exactly what I needed to hear. I grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him to me. I connected our lips and felt him melt into me. I put everything into that kiss and I felt him respond in kind. It took a while for us to separate and by then we were breathing pretty hard.

"Sunshine" I said breathlessly with my forehead still against his. I was trying to find words. But as usual none came.

"I know Angel. Me too." Will said. He leant back and kissed my forehead. He took my hand and pulled me to the couch in the waiting room. "We still need to talk."

I sigh, "Do we need too?" I asked. "I am bad with the talking...... can't we just make out some more? I get in less trouble." Will threw back his head and laughed. I missed that, I missed his smile it has been too long since I have seen it.

"Hey I am not against more making out" I slide over closer to him. He laughs again."But we do need to talk first." I slide back and give him a pout I know he likes. "Don't give me that look, you know I struggle to resist it."

I give it up and sit up straight pulling my legs up. I look at Will expectantly.

"Look Nico....I know we have been having a hard time of it lately. I think we both have things to appoligise for." He reached out and grabbed my hand. "I am sorry I took you for granted. You do so much more than I give you credit for."

I nodded. I had been feeling unappreciated lately, as well as forgotten and jealous. "I am sorry too. I love that your gonna be a doctor and I am sorry if I made you feel otherwise." He nodded and gave me a small smile. I must of got it right.

"What about this silly Bryce jealousy." He asked.

I shook my head. "I stand by it. The guy wants you. It's written all over him and I wish you would listen to me. He is one step away from being a stalker."

"That's rediculous!!!" Will started. I was about to respond when Will put his hand over my mouth. "We are here to talk not fight." I slumped back arms crossed.

"I am sorry that I told him you were an alcoholic but please know it was not said in a negative way. I was talking about my dad. I was telling Bryce that you are proof that a man can fight his demons." Will said pleadingly. "I mean ........ you know I would never cheat, not in a million...." it was my turn to put my hand over his mouth. He had a tendency to babble sometimes.

"It's okay. I know you would never cheat. I shouldn't of said that. I was just hurt. I shouldn't of looked at your phone." I felt it sounded lame but Will seemed to let the tension out of his body.

"Ummm Will honey....." He cocked his head showing he was listening. "Your dad called me asking for money." Will's eyes went wide.

He put his head in his hands. "You have got to be kidding." His voice came out muffled. " I am sorry......you so didn't need that."

"And what you do?" I sniggered. "Its fine I told him off, told him you deserved better and hung up."

He let his hands slip back into his lap. "You said that, even though you and I have been..." He let the sentence hang.

I rolled my eyes. "I told you idiot I would do anything for you."

Will smiled. He jumped up and brought over the black roses. "These are for you." He said. I took them and smelled them. "You may not remember but they are the same as the ones I gave you the first day we met." He said blushing the cutest colour of red.

I raised an I eyebrow at him and pass the roses back. I jump up and head to my work room and retrieve a thick book. I came back and handed to him. He looked puzzled. "Open it you idiot!" He did as I asked and something fell out. It was a dried black rose. It was from the day we met.

He looked up at me with surprise. He then puts the book and flower on the table. This time he grabbed me and pulled me to him. "I love you Angel." He said.

"I love you too Sunshine." Then he kissed me a good long while.