15

The three of us sat outside the house with red cups filled with whatever drink these drunk people out here were offering us. We ended up talking about the few months we missed. Their tour turned out good. James fell off stage once and sprained his wrist. Tristan's family came over to surprise him once. He said he was hoping to see me but I never showed up. It wasn't my fault.

Tristan flicked the end of my dress a little and it flew up, baring my thigh. "Now, what is this you're wearing? I had to do a second look just now." He teased. James laughed along with me and I just shrugged.

"Needed a new wardrobe. New look. Do you like it though?" I asked shyly. I didn't care what other people were saying but for some reason, I wanted to impress him. My best friend. Tristan smiled and nodded.

"Love it. I'll always love you."

"Sorry to intrude." James faked a cough and we all burst out laughing. The alcohol was getting to us already. Now, how do we get back?

"Who's gonna drive us home?" I asked over their laugh. They only laughed louder and I can't help but join in. "I'm being serious!" I whined, folding my arms. Tristan leaned back onto his arms and breathed out.

"Brad or Connor? I don't know. We can stay here too." He mumbled. I looked over my shoulder at him. His jawline popping out under the moonlight.

"I want to go home." I told him sternly then looking at James and gave him a stern look too to show I meant it. James chuckled and nodded.

"You'll get home. I'll drive you, if no one can." He assured me before laying down flat on the ground.

I rolled over and landed on the floor with a loud thud, which instantly woke me up. I opened my eyes, causing my head to pound. What happened last night? I got up on my knees, making sure I moved slowly. Carpeted floor underneath me, soft, worn out, familiar.  I was back in my room. I heard a chuckle and I almost jumped out of my skin. "Shit..." The sudden movement made my head hurt more. "Who's there?" I groaned.

"Your roommate." The voice replied. "Here, let me help you up."

"No." I answered quickly when I heard him move from his side of the room. "I can get up myself." Using the bed for support, I got up and slumped onto it.

He was there. In this room with me. In his spot.

"Do you want me to switch on the lights?" He suggested.

No, I don't want to see him there and watch him disappear again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Connor sighed and shifted on his bed. My eye adjusted to the dark and I could make out his body, his hair, his eyes. Lips. "If you didn't get the memo, I don't really want to see or speak to you." I filled him in. Connor didn't say anything for a while. He just sat there.

"I get it." He breathed. "I'll leave. I just want to make sure you're okay."

"I am so you can leave."

Connor got up on his feet and grabbed his bag. He slowly walked to the door. I thought he was going to leave and this little part of me didn't want him to. His hand hovered over the door knob but instead of twisting it, he slammed his hand onto the door, making me jump as he spun around.

"You know, I thought I had to fight with Tris for your heart! And I thought I would stand a chance! But against James? He's-"

"James?" I repeated, stopping him halfway. Connor took a breath. He was looking at me but I can't see his eyes. "Can you switch on the lights?" Connor let out a laugh. Without looking, he switched it on. I flinched at the sudden light.

"Yes. James." He muttered. I finally looked at him. His eyes were bluer than I remembered.

"Are you that oblivious?" I laughed. "James is my bestfriend. He's your bestfriend!" I shouted.

"I'm your bestfriend too! That didn't stop us from getting together!" Connor replied with the same tone. Was he being jealous? How long were we even together? I can't even remember. I shook my head, looking away from him.

"I regretted that."

"Well, I don't! I enjoyed every minute I spent with you! Have a good life, Emma." Connor slapped the switch off and left the dark room.

A/N: Brad though.