01

First night was not that bad. I thought I had to sleep in the same room as Connor but he left a few minutes after I finished unpacking and had not come back since. I can live with him not being around much. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Today was officially my first day of college. What do college people wear? I sighed and walked to my closet. I had to make do with what I had. I can not possibly drag my whole closet from home here, can I? After looking through my clothes, I decided on a pair of black skinnies and a The 1975 band T-shirt. Lee often reminded me that first impressions were important so here I am, wearing my band tee, hopefully I'll attract someone with the similar music taste as me.

I took my clothes and everything I need for a shower and left my dorm. Outside, it was chaos. Boys and girls walking in different directions, hollering at each other from one end of the hallway to the other. I gripped my clothes and necessities to my body tighter and found my way to the bathroom, bumping into loads of people on the way. The bathroon is another thing. There's two sections. When you enter it, you'll get the peeing section, or the toilets and if you turn right, you'll get another section which are the showers. The sight was overwhelming. Half naked boys with really good body walk around the bathroom freely. Girls with only towels wrapped around them too. Some of them looked like they're wrapped only in towel just to get the boys' attention. I shuddered and walked straight into a cubicle.

I took a quick shower, changed into my fresh clothes and ran back out of the bathroom. I didn't bring my watch or my phone so I didn't know what time it is and if I'm running late. Without knocking, I opened the door to my dorm and regretted it instantly. A high pitched scream filled the room and I flinched immediately, squeezing my eyes shut. "I didn't see anything!" I screamed, covering my eyes with my hands. I waited for Connor to say something but he didn't. "Connor? Do you need me to leave?" I asked. Connor replied me by chuckling, laughing so hard. I peeked through my fingers carefully. Instead of seeing Connor there, another guy was lying on his side, still half naked but with his jeans scrunched up at his knees. His arms hugged his body, laughing madly. I didn't get it. I let my hands drop to my sides as I stare at him to stop laughing. "Who are you? What's so funny?" I asked, folding my arms. A stranger is in my room. Where is Connor when I need him? He toned down his laughter a little and opened an eye to sneak a peak at me, then laughed again. I watched him laugh, how the sides of eyes crinkle up, how his mouth is opened wide.

"You-" He caught a breath before continuing. "Yo-you scared me. I fell on the bed. And you called me Connor." He explained, gasping for air. I let out a short laugh, amused by him. I waited and waited. Finally, his laughing died down. He rolled over onto his back and let out one loud sigh. "You're funny." He stated. I frowned at him.

"Who are you?" I repeated myself. The stranger propped himself up onto his elbows and openly checked me out, then laid back down. He shifted on Connor's bed so he's comfortably looking at me.

"I'm Tristan, Connor's friend. He's taking a shower right now." He explained himself. For some reason, I believed him. Him, with his blonde quiff and perfect jaw. I nodded to myself and took my bag, stuffing all the things I need for the day. My books, pencil case, notebook, a jacket, I don't know. Bags on first days are always heavy. I traded my slippers for a pair of black chunky boots and put on my bracelets. I wanted to put on my necklace but we don't wanna have matching necklaces, do we?

"You're off to class?" Tristan asked when I'm leaving the room. I looked at him and nodded. He stood up quickly, his pants already up, low on his waist. I didn't realised when he pulled it up. He marched towards me and tackled me in a tight hug. "Goodluck." He's taller than Connor too. I stiffened up immediately, my face buried in his bare chest. I pulled back my face and forced a smile.

"You too." I said, patting him on the back a few times. Tristan chuckled, pulling away and letting me go. I gave him a thumbs up awkwardly before scrambling out of the room. Once out, I relaxed. I can't even be in my own dorm room. I tugged on my bag straps and made my way to Block D, my first class is in that block. I got myself into second year Art, a scholarship. It's a must for me to get atleast a B for all the subjects I'm taking and that's pressurising. It's either that, or a different college than Lee. Speaking of Lee, she didn't call me yesterday. I took out my phone and dialed my twin's number. I listened to it ring and got into her voice mail.