11

I woke up to a hard chest and a lazy smile that day. He greeted me good morning and hesitated to give me a kiss. I don’t blame him. Both of us didn’t know where we stand. And maybe because of the morning breath, I don’t know. We didn’t get to stay in bed long. Tristan came banging and shouting at the door for us to get up so we did. Connor sent me home after breakfast. Now, a week later, I was in class with Adam next to me. It was weird that Connor didn't even contact me but I decided not to be over attached. Anyway, Adam and I were still working on that project of ours. The theme was Nature. We had a disagreement and we were ignoring each other. Adam insisted on having colours for everything. I gave in even though I was terrible at colours because I didn’t want to create friction between us but he had to criticise me for doing a bad job with it.

“Are you seriously not going to even try?” Adam chased me after class. I didn’t stop for him. I was meeting Joyce back in her dorm. She missed class today for some reason. “Emma!” Adam shouted making me halt. I turned around slowly to face him. “What? You’re not going to put in any effort?”

“I tried but it was a pathetic, right?” I raised my voice to match his.

“Emma?” I recognized his voice. I looked over my shoulder and let out a sigh. “What’s going on?” Tristan asked, walking towards us. I turned to Adam and he was eyeing Tristan from head to toe. I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing.” I sighed. Tristan slung his arm over my shoulders. Adam kept his comments to himself and walked away. It was clear he didn’t like Tristan. Why? I don’t know. We both watched as he walked away.

“Who’s that?”

“Just my art partner. He’s stupid. What are you doing here?” I quickly changed the subject. Hell, I would never choose to talk about Adam when I have Tristan next to me. Tristan pulled back his arm and held onto my shoulders with both hands at arm’s length so I was facing him. He smiled that wide toothless smile. “I was looking for you actually. You’re supposed to be at Joyce’s. Come on, let’s go.” Tristan tugged on my hand and took long big strides all the way to Joyce’s. I had trouble keeping up, of course. Tristan had these amazing long legs.

We stopped outside the door. Tristan knocked on the door, this funny rhythm and leaned on the wall next to it. “Well, go in now.” He winked, chuckling a little. I scrunched my face and turned the knob slowly. Why was Tristan urging me to Joyce’s dorm? 

“Hey…” I dragged my words, walking into what seemed an empty room. The door was forced closed and I whipped around. Hidden behind the door was Connor, leaning against the wall with the sulkiest look on his face.

“Hey.” He reached for the locked and turned it. Okay…

“What’s going on?” I asked. Connor took a deep breath before taking my hands in his. It had been a week since I last saw him and he looked terrible. He looked exhausted. “Hey,” I breathed, cupping one of his cheeks. “You okay? You look tired.” Connor leaned into my hand and sighed.

“I want to talk. Can we talk?” I nodded slowly.

“Of course. What’s wrong?” Connor pulled me to the bed. We both sat down and leaned against the wall with our feet hanging off it. I wasn’t expecting what was coming.

A/N: I DON’T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. SORRY and from now on, it's gonna be Emma's POV unless I stated it.