03

I caught Connor staring at me. The look on his face was all I can see and think about during class. I don't know, there's something about his eyes. I don't know.. It seems so relaxed and serene. "Emma?" I jumped upon hearing the voice. I looked up at this girl from my class and glanced around. The class was empty. "What were you thinking about? Miss Dunn released us already." She informed me, laughing. I felt embarrassed and let out a sigh. I put on my bag and stood up. The girl and I walked out of the class together. I felt bad for not knowing her name yet she knew mine. "So I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked when we came to a corner. I nodded, waving at her slightly. She returned the smile and walked down an empty hallway.

I walked down the other way, my hands playing with my phone. I realised that it's lunch time and I have to call Connor. I scrolled down my contacts and my finger stopped at a new contact. He added a heart next to it. Without thinking, I called him. I listened to it ring. I hate making new friends. Will Tristan be there? "Emma?" I took a deep breath.

"Hey.."

"Emma, hey! Where are you?" He asked, sounding excited. I don't know why. I looked around to where my feet had brought me.

"I'm outside Block C."

"Stay there." Connor hung up straight after. I sat down on the front steps and waited for him. I didn't have lunch yesterday. I went to the library and surveyed the books. They have shitty books in this library. There's an open field here, a group of boys playing football, a group of girls sitting next to the field. They're probably their girlfriends. I hate football. I would never watch it even if my boyfriend is playing.

"Emma." Someone shouted and tapped my shoulder. The stranger sat down next to me and flashed me a smile. I recognised him. The guy from Art. "Waiting for someone?" He asked. I nodded. If I had paid attention in class, I would know his name too. "Who?" I looked at him and gave him a bored look, letting him know that he's nosy.

"My roommate." I told him. He nodded and pointed at the field.

"Well, I'm gonna play now. You wanna go there and watch me play before your roommate comes?" He asked politely. I know he only meant to be nice but I hate football. With a burning passion. I shook my head and plastered the sweetest smile I could on my face, not to offend him.

"Sorry, I hate football." He chuckled and waved his hand.

"It's normal." He chuckled. "I'll see you later." He waved and ran to the field to join his friends. I let out another sigh. I hate waiting too. I took out my book and started reading. Now, I'm starting on If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I saw a trailer of the movie and I thought, this movie is interesting. I should totally read the book. And I bought a copy. If I have an obsession, it would be buying books. I bought so much, my shelves at home couldn't hold all of it so mom told me to give the ones I don't really like that much away.

"Another book." I jumped. I know that voice and I know his name. I turned around and gave him smile.

"Yet another one." I agreed. Connor laughed and flicked his head to one side.

"Come on. My friends can't wait to meet you." I tensed and stood up. I don't wanna meet his friends but I want to be with him. Not in that sense, I want to have lunch with him. Connor walked towards the direction of the field but luckily we didn't stop there. We walked pass the football field, I can't help but noticed the guy from Art staring at me and Connor. "Anyways, there's the four of us and we're always together so yeah." Connor said, bringing my attention back to him. He carries his bag low while I use mine high. He's in the same colours as me today. A plain white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans and brown shoes. Today, he hid his hair under a beanie. He spent a long time styling his hair but he just gave up after so I suggested him cutting it. To be honest, I think he'll look handsome with shorter hair. More clean and proper. Much more older, I think. "What's on your mind?" I blinked a couple of times at Connor. He was looking at me and I didn't know I zoned out.