prologue

"so, ella, you sure you want to live here?" elliot asks his little sister, ella, who was now moving into an apartment in the most boring town on earth. although it seemed boring at first, it was anything but.

"yeah," ella forced a small smile. "mom and dad would've wanted this anyway." it was true.

ella and elliot's parents once lived in this town, but then moved to a farther big city, changing ella's scene for good. moving out at the age of thirteen, her whole persona began. she started drinking and smoking at 15. although she stopped smoking, she didn't stop drinking until her parents fell into their deaths three and a half months ago.

"it doesn't really what mom and dad want right now, do you want to live here?" elliot knows this town was anything but exciting. he knew this town wasn't apart of ella's typical scene. but elliot had no idea what ella's typical scene was, and frankly neither did ella.

"look, elliot, i've changed, okay?" ella was getting frustrated with elliot and his attempts to take her to new york city, where he lived and where he thinks she belongs. "i'm not apart of the big thrill scene with drinking and clubbing and bars anymore, okay? i want a calm, normal life now."

"okay," elliot finally gives up his attempts on taking his little sister with him to the big apple. "have fun in your new apartment, el." and with that, he walks out the front door, slamming it shut. ella puts her hand through her hair and sighed deeply, throwing herself onto her newly freshed bed. "fucking christ, elliot," she muttered, obviously annoyed with her brother.

why did he have to be so complicated? she already made her decision, she wanted to live here. she wanted to get away from all the bad in here life; the drinking, the parties, the fights, the cheating, the relationships. it was all too much for her, so ella only knew she had to leave that old troubled town. this town wasn't any better; it was too deadbeat. ella struggled to think about the positives of her old town; so she thought about positives in this new town.

it would be far, far away from her old town, it would make mom and dad proud, it would be a peaceful, quiet community, it would be a great change in her scene, it would be an amazing move, in all. but that's what she thought, not what she knew.

she smiled, knowing that this town was exactly what she needed. and this town needed her too. more specifically, someone in this town needed her more than you'd think.

IM SO EXCITED IM MAKING THE CHAPTERS LONGER AND EVERYTHING I CANT BELIEB THIS