chapter eleven

"so your friend, ashton, he doesn't talk?"

"hasn't said a word since he told me about his life."

"not even a little sound?"

"not one, ella," calum sighed. "i wish i could feel again."

"you can't feel?"

"i can feel, but no one can feel me."

"you know," ella scooched over, so she was closer to calum. "i never tried to feel you."

"do you even think it'll honestly work?"

"it's worth a try, calum," she whispered back softly, staring into calum's big brown eyes.

"okay," calum whispered back with the same amount of softness and calmness.

slowly, ella moved her hand onto calum's arm. when she felt skin, she had to fight back the smile.

"so you can feel this?"

"yeah, but it's only important if you feel me."

"hey, calum?" she let out a smile.

he looked at her with hopeful eyes, and smiled a hopeful smile. "yeah?"

"i feel you," she breathed out, laughing. "i feel you!"

"you feel me," he whispered. "you feel me!"

he got up with a huge smile on his face, laughing.

"ella! you can feel me!"

he grabbed her by the waist, and lifted her up into the air, knowing there would be no harm because they can feel each other.

he laughed uncontrollably, swinging her around in the air. she giggled uncontrollably, begging calum to put her down.

"calum! please!" she giggled even harder.

he steadily put her down, both with idiotic smiles on their faces.

calum leaned in slowly, as did ella.

before their lips could touch each others, there was a knock at ella's door.

"do your invisible thing!" ella hissed quietly. she quickly opened up her laptop, and searched up a sneezing panda on youtube.

"invisible thing," calum scoffed, rolling his eyes. "we vanish, not go invisible."

"calum!" she hissed. once he 'vanished', she opened up the door to find a smiling elliot.

"elliot!" she gave him a bone-crushing hug. "what are you doing here? friday's tomorrow you uneducated shit, how are you going to take that girl out?"

"she had to rain-check, so i thought, why not take this as a moment to visit my little sister?" elliot stepped in, inviting himself.

"i'm staying for the weekend," he smiled at his sister. "my stuff's in the car, i'll get it later. but on the way here, i heard you giggling pretty loud, el. what was going on in here?"

"i was watching pandas sneeze," she pointed to her laptop. she smiled. "they're adorable."

elliot gave her a look, but shrugged it off.

in the distance of the room, calum silently chuckled at ella.

"you're one hell of a something, ella," he smiles at her.

ella turned around fiercely to give him a dirty look.

"he can't see or hear me, remember?"

she did a face, as if to show she forgot, and turned back to her brother, remembering the thing he interupted.

"damn you, elliot."

"what did i do?" he shouted, as ella laughed.

if you were here long enough maybe u remember that one time where i made a spinoff to ghost starring ashton. IT WAS A GOOD IDEA I JUST HAD 0 TIME TO FINISH IT anyway how was the chapter i love comments more than votes xoxo

people got weirded out by this chapter bc the feeling part y'all a bunch of nasties its not in that way ;)