chapter thirteen

ella,

click here to preview your schedule. it will be your schedule for the next semester. now, you have math class online. but before we start that, you need to take a tutorial on how to use our online education system. click the big blue tutorial button below to start the live video.

ella groaned, and turned up her speakers. she clicked the tutorial button, being prepared for getting bored.

great! please enter in your name, so we know what to call you!

ella typed in her name.

ella? that's a pretty name!

"yeah, i bet you say that to all the girls."

calum started to laugh. "wow, talking to ghosts and then computers. are you sure you're not out of your mind?"

"wow, walking in on girls who could've possibly been naked. are you sure you're not a pervert?"

ella continued to type in things and watch the video as calum talked to her.

"touche, ella."

"so you wanted to talk?"

"yeah, do you want news on ashton or bianca first?"

"uh, bianca," she clicked around some more on her laptop.

"bianca and luke - you've met luke, right?"

"yeah, once."

"okay, so bianca and luke have been putting up security camera around town for bianca's aunt's family company. but the thing is, they're putting it in people's houses too. they're watching everyone in town, ella."

"everyone in town? even me? even my brother right now?"

"yeah, i turned the camera off in here. i made sure again before i came to talk to you now. she wants to talk to you about me. she heard you say my name multiple times, ella. she knows about the ghosts, and she knows who you are now. she's going to manipulate you."

"how do you know about all of this?"

"i can't exactly walk through walls, but my hearing is heightened as i'm dead."

"what's she going to manipulate me for? what do you mean she knows who i am now?"

she closed her laptop, getting too distracted and too worried about this.

"she's going to manipulate you to shove thoughts of the dead with her. she knows you're the chosen one now, ella."

"chosen one? calum, what are we, five?" she was whisper-screaming by now, not wanting bianca to possibly hear. "calum, what is she going to do to me? what's the chosen one?"

"can we please talk about this somewhere else, later? for now, i really need to talk about ashton."

"what about ashton?" ella sighed.

"he's talked! he's finally talked."

"and this has to do with me because?"

calum rolled his eyes at ella, getting just a little frustrated with her.

"he told me who killed him."

"who killed him?" ella just suddenly became more interested in this.

"he's talking to all the other ghosts now. he's telling them all the same thing. it's luke's brother who killed ashton. and luke doesn't even know."

who do you guys think bianca is like what does she have to do with anything to you