chapter eighteen

"you first," calum says.

"okay, well, i've done research; a lot. i've learned that your afterlife mood all depends on how you died. if you died in your sleep, you're not much of an angry ghost. if you commited suicide, you're a sad and lonely ghost. if you murdered, like you, it all depends on the murder. i analyzed your moods all in one, and i think you died when you were drunk."

"wow," he breathed out. "you're right, i did die when i was drunk. how did you analyze that?"

"you're playful but serious, you're a jumble of things, aka, you as a drunk."

"okay, so i died as a drunk. that helps us; but how?"

"do you remember the party you were at?"

"it was the next town down; it was bianca's."

"do you remember where?"

"yeah, why?"

ella smiled a lopsided smile. "guess we're gonna go have a small reunion with your place of death."

she grabbed her keys but calum stops her for a moment.

"i didn't get to say what i wanted to say."

ella mentally slapped herself, forgetting all about calum and what he had wanted to tell her.

"i'm so sorry, cal, i-"

"you called me cal," he smiled. "it's cute, keep calling me that. but i just wanted to say that i saw luke at my grave. he apologized for everything he ever did. it seemed a little suspicious because he was crying, when in fact he was a great friend. i didn't want to think of it, but maybe, just maybe he was murderer."

"guess we're going to visit luke too, don't you think?" ella didn't feel the need to mention the first thing calum said about 'cal' and 'cute'.

"ella," calum whispered.

"yeah?" she whispered back, her voice matching the same level of softness as his.

"i really want to kiss you again."

"i want you to kiss me again."

"should i?"

"if you want to," she grinned, fooshily.

"oh, i want to," he grinned back, placing his lips onto hers.

before anything got too heated like last time, ella pushed calum off a bit.

"cal, we have to go visit the party scene and luke."

he groans as she chuckles. "we're continuing this later, okay?"

"whatever you say, cal," ella giggled, grabbing her keys and phone, ready for one hell of a 'road trip.'

SHES KISSING A DEAD GUY THAT NO ELSE CAN SEE I LOVE IMAGINATION