chapter twenty

"this is it?" ella asks calum as they reach the hemmings house. "although i want to help you, i can't help but feel a little bad. like his brother just got killed, you know?"

"you don't have to do this, ella. i can try finding my killer on my own for a while if you want."

"but i want to help you, calum," she whispers softly.

"and i get that, ella, but if you're uncomfortable doing this, you don't have to."

"you sure you can do this on your own?"

"i'm sure," he smiles softly. "hey, ella?"

"yeah?"

"we need to talk later, you know that right?"

"yeah," she mumbles.

then calum vanishes, leaving ella alone once again. she's already used to it, calum leaving and popping up out of nowhere. she sighs, once again running her hand through hair.

she drives home, leaving the hemmings residence. she thought she made it out unseen, but little did she know that luke saw everything. including talking to an empty seat next to her.

she makes it to her apartment, but then remembers how extremely hungry she is, and how empty her kitchen is. she takes her car back out of park, and drives to a grocery store.

she drives to the grocery store she went to earlier in the time she's been living in this town. the same grocery she went to and saw a ghost dilate her eyes and vanish into thin air.

in the grocery store, everything was going well so far. nothing too haunted, nothing too scary; everything was just fine. ella was scared and worried through the entire shopping trip she was currently going through, but everything was going just fine. she started to think it was just a one time thing.

she paid for the amount of foods she bought, and walked slowly and calmly to her car. but she then felt her entire body become in forced with someone else's.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry," she apologized quickly. "i should've looked where i was going, i'm sorry."

the deep voice chuckled. "it''s okay, i'm sorry too."

"you have nothing to apologize for, i'm really sorry," she shook her head.

"hey, honestly. it's fine."

"you sure?"

"positive," he shot a toothy grin. she sends him back a forced smile, and walks to her car.

"hey, i haven't gotten your name!" he yells.

"i don't think you will!" ella yells back, not really wanting to tell him her name.

"well, mine's will," he yells.

she gets into her car, and closes her door. she drives to where he was, rolled down her windows, and said, "goodbye, will." and she drove away.

little did will know what ella was actually capable of.

will huh