chapter seventeen

it had last been a week since ella talked to bianca. bianca mentioned some stuff on how calum and bianca dated, and how she saw things weren't working out so smoothly. as if coming to the rescue, luke soon came in to talk about jason's funeral plans and sort of killed ella's vibe. she excused herself and left her apartment, going back to her own.

she had to spend that day with elliot, because the next morning he'd leave. they spend the whole day together actually talking and laughing and in all, having a great time. when the daylight came, ella hugged her brother goodbye as he got in the car. after the "i'll miss you" and "promise to come back soon"s were finished, elliot drove away and ella stayed in her apartment working on her online school, and catching up with her sleep.

after the past stress, she well deserved it.

she spent the next day after that doing research online on ghosts, murders, and everything paranormal/supernatural while doing school. she found a couple of things, but nothing too accurate. she knew the next day, she'd have to visit the local library. she spent the entire night doing research.

the day after that, calum came by. they hadn't talked about the day where ashton left, but speaking of ashton, when an odd, new number called ella and she answered, it was ashton himself.

he talked about his life in his town and how he and was so nervous to talk to maxx. not knowing who maxx was, she let calum and ashton talk themselves. due to calum's explanation, a person who came back from the dead, ashton, can still hear his dead friends, calum.

the phone call ended and calum suddenly laughed. "you know, i've kissed you once and had a very intense make out session with you once, but we never seem to talk about that, do we?" and he vanishes, leaving a flustered ella alone.

and it turns out she didn't even go to the library that day.

but she goes on the next day.

she takes a short walk to the library, since it turns out it wasn't far.

she walks over to the paranormal and supernatural section, picking out a few non-fiction books. she goes to the mystery section, getting a few murder cased fiction-ed books. she goes to the paranormal section again, forgetting that she also had to get non-fictional books on ghosts.

she awkwardly takes them to the librarian to get them checked out. the librarian doesn't even give ella an odd look on the selection of books she's chosen. she collects the book, thanks the woman, and hurries on home.

she spends the next three days reading and finishing every single one of the books she's bought.

a week after the occurrence with bianca, ella's looking for calum and calum soon enough pops into the apartment.

ella sighs heavily.

"i have something to tell you," they both say in union.

i love short chapters like this i always feel like ghost is just TOO much dialogue but im not gonna rewrite the whole book hell no

bUT its ya girls birthday wassup