chapter one

ella woke up this morning to a loud bang on her door. that certainly wasn't an expected welcome to this town. she lazily got up and wiped her eyes. she checked the mirror and fixed herself up a little before she opened the door. she took a gum out of her pocket and popped it into her mouth, attempting to get rid of her morning breath.

she opened the door up and a warm smile welcomed her. "welcome to artind town!" the cheered voice told ella. "my name's bianca, and you are?"

ella smiled wearily and lazily at the girl. "i'm ella, it's nice to meet you."

"hello ella," she smiled again. bianca was the type of person to smile a lot and always make people welcome and happy. bianca had only come to ella's apartment this early to tell her something important.

"well, i live right down the hall over there on apartment six b, so if you ever need something or someone, i'm always here. also, there's a celebratory party for the end of summer tonight and it's for everyone in town, so you're most definitely invited. just come over to my apartment around eight and i'll take you with me, alright?"

bianca spoke fast. ella couldn't keep up; it took her a few moments to catch up with what she was saying. then ella smiled.

"thank you, i'd love to go. i'll be at your door at eight pm sharp."

bianca and ella exchanged smiles and bianca went down the hall, back into her apartment. ella walked back into hers as well, planning to take a huge nap. she was still tired from the nine hour drive from her old town to artind, here.

ella spit her gum out, let her hair down, and lied down on her bed. she yawned, and soon enough, the sleep overtook her.

******

she woke up around seven and began to panic. she only had about an hour to get ready; and even for a laid back girl like ella, she knew she still had lots more to do than just get ready before she left.

she had to make sure the key worked because when elliot closed it yesterday, he couldn't get back in when the door was still unlocked.

she had to do the basics: hair, outfit, and makeup.

she had to take her medication which she was only supposed to take every twenty four hours and she was supposed to take it at five.

she had to call margo because she promised her she would.

there was so much to do on a day like this, and yet ella spent half of it sleeping.

if elliot was here, he'd murmur something along the lines of: "typical."

ella missed elliot. yes, he was an ass. yes, he worried too much. yes, he didn't even know who ella really was anymore, but she loved him. and she wished that he lived in a smaller scened town only so she can see him everyday.

ella put her hand through her hair, one of her baddest habits. she sighed and called the main office administration and tried to get the key to work. they gave her another key and surely, it worked.

she straightened her hair briefly after spraying some dry shampoo onto her hair - she could never take a small enough shower, for all of hers were about half an hour long - and let it loose and free.

she picked out some skinny black jeans and an appropriate dress shirt - an outfit that would be simple enough for any event really.

she slipped on her black combat boots, and briefly did the whole natural makeup look.

she filled a cup up with water, and took out her medication that was supposed to be making her better. she swallowed it after chugging on the water, and took a glance at the clock.

it was already five to eight so she grabbed her phone and stuffed into her pocket. she grabbed her key and before she left her apartment, she looked herself in the mirror.

"you look fine, ella, stop distressing yourself," she whispered to herself.

ella sighed and locked her door, taking small steps to bianca's apartment door.

at eight o'clock sharp, just like she promised, she knocked on the door, being there right on time.

bianca came out and greeted ella, of course, as she smiled. ella forced a smile back, despite the thoughts she had about tonight. she knew she had to change her typical scene, and tonight would be first impressions - on everyone. as if it wasn't more nerve wracking.

as they were walking to wherever bianca was taking ella, she forced more and more smiles by the minute. and suddenly, she was dreading the night.

i actually HATE myself for going MIA for like 3 months after i said id start ghost again but HERE IT IS! i'll be updating sooooo much more in the next week i SWEAR it! -M