018 ::: Never Confront

Alright my awesome readers - here is the grossly overdue chapter 18. I am so sorry that it has taken me forever. Between my full time job, part time job, going back to school, and just being a person, it's hard for me to find time to write, SOOO this chapter is extra long. Grab a comfy blanket and pillow, maybe some hot chocolate (for my Midwesterners - it's cold out there right now) and read the story!

Enjoy! :) <3

****Trigger warning - this chapter touches on suicide and sexual assault

I was pissed.

After seeing the aftermath of my little stunt on Savannah's face and body, the blood in my veins rain at scorching temperature I was almost certain that I was melting from the inside out, but as I held my hands in front of my eyes I know it was just the pure, unadulterated rage and resentment that had fully filled every single crevice within me. I had stupidly saved the most minute of space in the hopes the Xaler would surprise me and actually be a somewhat slightly decent human being. But, I suppose, that was my first mistake, not only considering my story of I have come to find myself in this situation, but the fact that he wasn't a human.

He was a monster.

And he never failed to show me the kind of monster he was and the kind of monster he will always be. I underestimated exactly how grotesque he could be, but that was a mistake that I would only make once. I wouldn't, couldn't, let it happen again.

Not if I wanted to survive this.

Not if I wanted my freedom.

However, those mistakes kept coming and I snatched them up like a starving citizen of the slums as if they were free bread. If I would've just stopped and thought about my actions for just a few seconds, I would not have found myself in another predicament, but out of all the other situations, this one terrified me the most.

The blood that was bubbling up inside of me pushed one foot in front of the other and I stormed out of the room I had inhabited since returning from the hospital, and even though I tried my damnedest to stomp my feet through the hallways and down the steps to where I knew Xaler would be, the plush navy blue carpet wouldn't allow the sound of my anger resonate through the house in a satisfying manner. It was to my surprise when I burst through the thick wooden door to find an expecting Xaler sitting calmly in his black leather swivel desk chair. His hands resting upon the shiny and smooth mahogany wood, with calculating, yet loving gaze directed my way. That's right, the animals had sensitive hearing, silly me to have forgotten.

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards slightly, almost as if he was fighting the smile that wanted to spread across the plains of his lips. Those same eyes held a spark of astonishment with dripping hues of amusement. How could so much love seep from such a hateful and disgrace of a person - beast?

"Rosie, what a nice surprise for you to visit me."

I stilled having warned him about using that godforsaken nickname he was hellbent on using. I was going to kill him. How dare he be condescending? How dare he patronize me? At this moment with all the bullshit he has done so far? The least he could do, the least he owes me, would to tone down his arrogant personality. But then again, what I could I really expect from the man who mutilated my sister in front of me, who took me against my will, away from everything I have ever known and thrust me into this life of barbarism? The whole thought of belonging to another person was archaic.

"How could you?" my voice, albeit soft, was filled with strength and accusations.

His eyes never wavered from mine, however the amusement and astonishment had washed away only to be replaced with pride. He knew what he did and he was proud about it, "I am not sure what you are referring to?"