6.

Now in quarantine I'll have lots of time to write I guess, so stay tuned.

Nick's pov

I had barely slept anything tonight. All I could think about was Zach and Jamie. I didn't know how to feel about Jamie. He's my best friend. A very attractive best friend that is. With the prettiest blue eyes and cute rosey cheeks and hands I wanna hold in mine and chest I want to lay my head on and-
Nick you have a BOYFRIEND! Who LOVES YOU!!! And I love him too!! Gosh, I understand why Zach is pissed off. I'm the worst.

This whole Zach mess started when i was 17. Zach was a one of the popular and "straight" school jocks, while I was just a closeted gay virgin who had a hopeless crush on him.

Eventually I came out to some people and it spread over the school quickly. When Zach found out about it we started talking and he asked me out on multiple dates, all in secret of course. I couldn't believe it.

After just a month of this secret dating shit he started bugging me about sex. It wasn't until he said he'd break up we had sex, I couldn't stand to lose my first love. I had cried when he said he couldn't stay the night.

It went on like this for almost a year. He was distant and only used me for sex, occasionally small dates to keep me believing he cared for me.
And I believed it.

2 years ago I went to his house unplanned, and walked in on him cheating on me. It broke me. He was my first love and I lost my virginity to him. When I met him at that grocery store I fell for him all over again, even though I knew I shouldn't. It feels different this time though. He's stayed most nights, and he actually cuddle me sometimes.

Now when Jamie and I are friends again we've shared a hotel room just like at the start of the tour, and I've been terrified of what Zach will say. He thinks Jamie is into me. The thought of it made my cheeks burn. My thoughts got interrupted by a soft knock on the door and Jamie stepped in half a second later.

"Going for breakfast with the other monkeys do you wanna join?" He smiled at me brightly.
"You didn't even wait for me to answer before opening the door I could have been... I don't know, NAKED Jamie!"
He just laughed at me and walked out the room, adding an "I'm taking that as a no, O'Malley".

A few minutes later the door shut and I fell back on the bed. Zach was supposed to arrive at any moment now and I was still in my pyjamas.
I contemplated if it was even worth fixing myself up, I decided not to. I didn't have that energy. He's gonna be so pissed off anyways from what happened yesterday and when he finds out I have a room for 2 people.

Moments later someone slammed the door to the hotel room and went straight into my room.
"I met Jamie in the corridor WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SHARING A ROOM WITH HIM?!"
"Zach I- " He looked me up and down with a look of disgust and I curled into a corner of the small bedroom.
"YOU DIDN'T SPEAK WITH ME FOR TWO YEARS WHEN I CHEATED ON YOU AND NOW WHEN YOU CHEAT ON ME YOU EXPECT ME TO ACT NORMAL?"
I felt hot tears running down my cheeks, I was used to it by now. He took a few step closer and kept speaking,
"Yesterday you chose him over me and didn't even call me for the rest of the day, and now I come here and find out you share a room with Jamie and you wear THAT-"
I didn't care anymore, I wanted him gone.
"WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY LOVED ME, THEN YOU WOULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MY CLOTHES AND IF I HANG OUT WITH MY BAND MEMBER!" I was shaking, from both fear and anger. Zach cracked his knuckles.

-
Jamie's pov

When I had walked past Zach on his way to breakfast I began to worry immediately. Zach was obviously on his way to Nick. I sent a quick text to Matt, telling him that I'm not coming to breakfast, then I followed Nick's boyfriend to our shared hotel room. I entered a short while after him, trying to make as little noise as possible. I slowly walked closer to Nick's bedroom where they were fighting. Suddenly Nick shouted at him and it went quiet. I looked into the room to see Zach hovering over Nick. I ran over and pushed him so he fell to the ground.
"I've security guards and I'm not gonna hesitate to call them so I would suggest you get the fuck out of here", I told him angrily.

Zach raised to his feet, I looked over to Nick, and didn't even have time to think before Zach's fist hit my jaw. He punched my eye and cheek as well, then I kicked him in the stomach and he decides to leave. Nick immediately sat me on the bed and looked at my already bruising face with a worried expression.
"Are you okay? You're bleeding."
He lightly stroked my cheek which made me wince.
"I'm sorry. I'll go get ice."
He came back not even a minute later with two towels. One wrapped around some ice cubes, and the other wet to wash my face with.

I felt the bed dip down beside me, then a soft hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, Jamie, look at me." I turned my head toward him but continued to look down while he started cleaning my jaw. "It's my fault this happened to you. I'm so sorry." I shaked my head,

"Don't blame yourself, I didn't have to follow him, but he looked fuming and I knew he would hurt you if I didn't."
I smiled at Nick and he smiled back with a small "thank you".
He changed towel and I winced again, when my cheek became cold.
"Did he do anything to you?" I asked. Nick shaked his head. "Good." Neither if us said anything else for a while. Nick was the first to break the silence.

"Is it better now?" The towel was removed from my eye and instead he stroked my hair. He looked at me with his soft puppy eyes. I felt my heart flutter and couldn't help my smile. "Yes, much better. Thank you." Nick blushed and looked down on his hands. I wanted to kiss him. I felt his head rest on my shoulder and decided not to, he only felt bad for me.