getting ready

Alana's p.o.v

    Back at the palace the maids usher me back into my room and run me another hot bath with lavender oil and rose petals. This pampering thing is weird. They tie a bow around Jax's neck that matches my dress and I chuckle. " He looks like such the gentleman" and the maids nod in agreement.

     I step into the hot water and automatically feel refreshed. The dort coming from my skin makes me feel so much better than I had and washing my hair makes me beyond joyful. I still can't help but let my mind wander to Jason, the idea of him with someone else kills me inside.

     After my bath it's time to style my hair and do my makeup. We wait to put on my gown as we don't want to get it dirty. We decide to style my hair in cascading waves down my back, they land at my waist and the sides are pulled up and pinned with silver flowers. For my makeup we go with a white eyeshadow as not to look too trashy and pink lipstick with a little rouge on my cheeks. They also add a little glitter to my eyes and cheek bones to highlight them.

     Onto the dress it takes us a minute to put it on as they have to help me lace into my corset and then the dress, this is stressful. Eventually we get it on and I get used to the weight of it, the shoulders of the dress rest off my shoulders perfectly and the corset helps accentuate my curves in all of the right spots. I opt not to wear the heels as nobody will be able to see my feet anyways and it will be easier for me to keep my balance in this heavy gown.

    The final touch is the diamond necklace that we bought and once it's on I run my hands down the gown feeling all of the details and I cannot believe that it's me wearing such a thing. The maids bring me over to the mirror and I gasp. Who is this beautiful woman I'm seeing ? It can't possibly be me. The maids all clap their hands and grin " you look stunning Miss Alana" one says and another chimes in with " you'll definitely be the belle of the ball, no doubt" the grin and exit the room leaving me to my thoughts. What was in store for me tonight.

About an hour later I hear a knock at the door and walk over to open it, seeing that it's Eli and I curtsey like I was taught long ago, "shall we ?" He asks and I nod " we shall" I take his outstretched hand as we walk down the hall with Jax at tow. Let the games begin.