Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I groan as I look at myself in the mirror. Again, my fangs was out. For several days I had been doing tests on myself to figure out what was going on with me. But I wasn't getting any answers. I needed help. I exit out of my room and was about to head to the door until I was stop.

"This is the third day." 

I frown and roll my eyes as Charles walks towards me.  He was carrying a briefcase and in his normal attire. I knew he was off to work but I was hoping he had already left. "You know how father hate when we skip meals."

"I have more important things to prepare for." I rant making sure he doesn't notice my fangs. "I don't wish to be daddy pet forever." I taunt and I could see Charles eyes darkening from my words. However, before he could reply I was exiting the house and rushing off to school. 

As usual I head to my first class and sit next to Jamie. I look back and notice the SS patients looking the same. No emotions being portrayed but I could tell something was wrong. Zillah leans back in her seat and looks out into space. I could feel that she was angry about something but she was trying very hard to stay calm. She looks toward me and I softly smile but she scowls and look away. I sigh and turn back towards our professor as she begins to teach the class.

When the bell rings I quickly grab my books and rush after the Soulless humans. "Wait." I grab Ryker shoulder and he turns around and says annoyed, "No. For the hundredth time. I am not helping you."

I frown in disappointment and then opens my mouth. "It's getting worse okay. My vision is becoming blurry and I need to control this." I point to my fangs.

Ryker sighs and then says, "Come by the warehouse tonight."

I gulp. I haven't been out at night since that horrible incident. I didn't want to be caught by myself at night. Rkyer smirks and then says, "You want answers. You will meet me tonight." He then leaves me and I groan in frustration. This wasn't some funny game. I was changing into one of them and I didn't understand why. 

I walk to my next class and Jamie sits next to me and ask, "I thought you said everything was okay."

"Everything is okay." I reply pulling out my notebook and pen. 

Jamie frowns, "You've been distant lately. I would appreciate if you would be honest with me Astra."

"Look Jamie." I growl in frustration. "I need space OK!" My vision becomes blurry and for a second all I can see is red. I'm filled with rage. I slam my books down and then rush into the bathroom. I fall to the floor and my breaths becomes quick and short. It feels as if my lungs are closing up. I could feel my eyes watering as my stomach clenches in pain. I fall over to the floor and blood spills from my mouth. 

After the horrible pain is over I stand and go and wipe my mouth. I then wipe the blood off the floor and sigh. I had to go and visit Ryker if I wanted to understand what was going on with me. For the rest of the day Jamie gives me my space which I am thankful for. He didn't deserve to be worrying about my problems. He needed to be focusing on school and keeping his high GPA.

When school is over I tell Jamie to leave that I am going to study for a little while. I head to the library and find some novels on SS patients. 

Two hours later I slam the fourteenth book shut in frustration and sling it across the library. I run my hands through my hair before rubbing my temples. I began to breathe slowly. I didn't want to get to angry. I notice the time and look down at my wrist. I grab my bag and head to the bus station. This time I take in my surroundings.

I get on the train and head to the other side of town. The entire time I am nervous and again for the second day my stomach in clenching in pain. I quickly stand when the train comes to halt. I exit out the doors and quickly head to the warehouse.