Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I take a step closer to the ocean and gasp when the water reaches my feet. I turn around and grin widely. "Daddy look. It's beautiful."

"I see sweetheart." My father smiles.

I frown, "Come closer."

"I can see everything from here." He replies.

"Your father is afraid of the ocean darling." Pluto smile squeezing his hand.

I kick my feet in the cool water and giggle. "Why?" I scream back towards them.

"Sea monsters." My father attacks me and picks me up. I giggle and look down at him with a huge grin on my face.

I blink and notice my father slowly fading away. "You're leaving daddy?" I ask.

"Yes, it's time for me to leave."

I sniff. "Okay."

"Astra?"

I gasp and open my eyes to see Margret staring at me worried. "You were talking in your sleep." She explains pulling away. I take her in. She was pretty banged up. I lift up fully and groan at the pain in my side. I look around the cold room and notice Pluto on the other side sleeping in the other bed.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"I woke up in here not too long ago." Margret explains. "My wound is fully healed. It was your blood." She concludes already knowing the answer.

I stand and walk over to the door but it was sealed shut.

"We're locked inside." Margret explains. "Why did we come to enemy territory?"

"You don't know what you're talking about." I say and begin to beat on the door. Margret jumps behind me and take a step back away from me. I growl underneath my breath and beat on the door again before giving up.

Margret flinches away from me again and this make me sigh. "This is what I meant about staying away from me."

"I don't understand." Margret say. "You have SS symptoms but you're human."

"I'm one of a kind." I scowl. I kick the door again and grumble. Finally after a few moments pass someone is unlocking the door. I stand and Margret stands in the corner far away. I'm completely shocked when Nyx and Ryker walks in. "Where is Zillah?"

"That is none of your concern."

I sneer. "I'm really not in the mood Nyx."

Nyx roll her eyes. I scowl. The audacity she had. Ryker pulls me by my arm and I snatch away from him and follow them out the room. They shut the door and lock it. "That's not necessary." I mutter annoyed. We walk down a long hall and this place is different from the warehouse they were shacking at in the city. We turn a few more corners until we come upon another room. It has a dining table in the center and portraits all over the wall.

Ryker pushes me into the room and I snarl.

"Ryker." She hiss.

I ignore the other boy and turn my attention to that voice. She was sitting in one of the chairs and she gaze at me with an impassive face. I chew on my lower lip and take a few steps forward. She stands and I can't help how my eyes take her in. She was wearing tight leather pants that fitted her like glue and a white t-shirt that stop midriff showing off her nice taunt stomach. 

I reach her eyes and it's cold. I gulp before saying, "Hi."

"Leave us." Zillah orders and I smile at her air of authority.