Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I rush into the school building. I was trying to beat the morning bell because I was running late. Jamie had text me a early message saying he didn't have time to come pick me up. I thought it was childish and his immature antics had me running late and catching the bus.

I speed into the classroom and the professor looks pointed at me. I bow my head in shame and my normal seat next to Jamie is taken. I sigh and head towards the back taking a seat next to Zillah in the far corner. She arches her eyebrow and I blush. Our professor continues with his lecture and Zillah continues to watch me.

I try my best to ignore her but it was becoming difficult. I slowly turn my head and glance her way and she smirks. I turn my head embarrassed and continue with my notes. Once the bell rings I jump and my eyes quickly search for Jamie but he was no where to be found. I frown and gather my things.

"Why were you late?" Zillah questions walking beside me.

"I slept in." I lie. I didn't want her getting angry. 

She scowls, "You're lying Astra."

I bite my lower lip. She rolls her eyes and pushes me into one of the janitors closet. I look around and notice the dark walls and Zillah clicks on the lights. I was surprised. It was actually clean. 

"I don't like you lying to me Astra." Zillah says gaining my attention.

"Jamie is upset with me." I reply. "He didn't come and get me this morning."

Zillah roll her eyes. "I will take you home."

"You don't have to." I quickly respond.

"I insist." Zillah says walking out the door. I roll my eyes and head to my next class. The day goes by fairly quickly. It would have been a wonderful day if Jamie wasn't ignoring me. But, I give him the space he demands. Once the bell ring I head out the front door and there was Zillah leaning on her classic, waiting for me. I smile to myself and get into the car.

We take off and the car is silent. I glance Zillah way and notice she was concentrating very hard. Her hands was clenching the stirring wheel and I could see a bead of sweat on her forehead. "Zillah?" I question. The SS patient slams on the brakes and opens the car door gagging. "Zillah." I call again. I was very worried. I get out the car and rush to the other side to witness Zillah on her knees gasping for air.

"I can't breathe." She gets out between gasps. I hold her face up to mines and she looks back at the car and order, "Medicine."

I look through her glove compartment and find a small jar of medicine and a syringe. I then quickly stab the needle in her thigh. Her eyes roll back to her skull and then she collapses. I straddle her and begin to shake her while calling her name. I then reach for my phone about to dial for emergency but she was grabbing my wrist.

I look down at her and notice Zillah is completely gone and her other side is awake. Her red orbs are shining up at me. I then look away embarrassed at our sudden position. I quickly leap up off of her and ask, "Are you okay?"

"Fine." She grumbles.

I cock my head to side. She couldn't still be angry with me. Zillah other side looks around and I ask, "What happened?"

"Her blood stop flowing." Zillah shrugs. "It happens when she is trying to keep me at bay."

"I thought you only come out when she is angry."

"I did too." Zillah replies. "A lot of things have changed since you've come around."

I had noticed that Zillah other side was keeping a bit of distance away from me. She wasn't grabbing my hips. She wasn't even sniffing for my scent. What was her problem? I wonder.