Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I awake in a panic. I look around and notice that I am in my room, in my bed. How did I get here? I question myself. I slowly pull myself out of bed and begin to search for clothes. I glance at my clock and notice I needed to get ready for school or I was going to be late, I walk up the stairs silently hoping not to run into any of my brothers but unfortunately when I enter the kitchen all seven of my brothers was sitting at the table eating breakfast. 

"Astra up." Prescott smirks.

"Very observant of you." Wyatt says sarcastically his face buried into one of the newspapers. I watch Prescott scowl in his chair. Before I could sit down and begin breakfast our father walks in announcing himself. 

"Astra, you're finally up." He says his fingers working with his tie. Over the years I noticed he never could master it. One of the maids always had to fix it for him.

"Finally up?" I question confusion plastered on my face.

Prescott begins to snicker. "Stupid." He says.

I begin to mentally panic. I was confused. Yesterday I went to school. Started the T-Project then.... Fuck. What happened afterwards. I gulp and look towards Wyatt for help. He sighs. "Father came up to the school to speak to your professor about your grade." My heart drops. I didn't need father help. He never help before. Why couldn't I remember anything. "Once he was done firing your professor he sent us to search for you. Matthew found you in one of the chemistry labs collapsed on the floor."

I begin to bite my lip. I didn't remember anything. "You should eat." Wyatt says. I sit at the table in my usual spot and begin to eat quietly just thinking. 

"I didn't need your help father." I say before I can stop myself. "I had it under control."

My father doesn't say anything at first. He only stands followed by Wyatt and Charles. They were heading off to work. "Well have it under control next time." My father say with a blank face before leaving. I sigh and begin to play with my oatmeal. 

"How long was I asleep?" I question anyone who was listening.

"Two days." Gaige replies. "Next time you're feeling adventurous do it on your own time." Oatmeal collides with my chest and I sneer at Prescott. He smirks at me and laugh leaving the kitchen. "Go clean yourself up stupid." He says leaving me with a mess to clean up.

I frown and wipe the oatmeal from my uniform. I was so ready to leave this dreadful place. I begin to think of the times when I almost left this place. I was going to run away with a special friend. I gasp. Zillah. I think.

<><>

I storm through the front doors on a mission. Jamie is the first to spot me he rushes over and says grinning, "You're okay." I ignore him and continue down the hall towards our first class. Once I enter everyone eyes me except the soulless humans of course. They didn't portray emotions and didn't look surprised to see me. I head towards the right of the class and plant my butt in a seat next to Nyx and Lilth

"What happened to me?" I question anger dripping from each word. I could feel everyone eyes on me but I didn't care. 

Nyx dark orbs eyes me, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I sneer, "Don't play games with me." They knew something. Even though it was difficult to read them. I could tell they were hiding something.

"Or what?" Nyx begins to stand. "You're going to tell your daddy."

I scowl looking up at her. They all were taller then me and it was annoying because they thought they held authority. I watch a smirk form on her face. She knew she had hit a sensitive spot. I wanted to let her know that I didn't need my father but before I could say anything our professor walks through the door and begins to lecture. While walking to my seat I could feel all pair of dark eyes on me.