2%

H A V E N

"I've told you many times before Haven Melody Tuckett never display affections to other adults!" My Mother yells and my father stands beside her.

"Mama I'm sorry." I whisper croakily and she shakes her head.

"Haven you have to learn, and quick." Father says sternly and I nod.

"Do not cry that shows weakness, now go to your room." Father points his finger to my room.

"Okay." I obey solemnly and scurry to my room. Once in my blue painted room I collapse on the bench and look outside from the bay window.

"I miss you." I whisper and touch the pane hoping for some connection.

***

"Haven are you ready?" My father knocks on my door and I turn to look at him.

"Don't be late." He scolds and walks out. Sighing I pat my navy skirt adorned with a belt and lace white top. Looking at myself in the mirror and repeating the words,

I can do this.

I take one last breath before walking down the steps. Only to be greeted by Mr.Styles.

"Hello Mr.Styles." I say politely since my Mother told me the way to speak to adults with respect.

"Hi Haven, I am taking you to service today." He says kindly and glances at me.

"Oh okay." I reply and he guides me to his BMW.

"I'm sorry Mr.Styles." I say shyly and fiddle with my hands when he starts the engine.

"What for Haven, and call me Harry." He places his warm hand on my thigh.

"B-because I hugged you." I shakily state.

"Don't be sorry you did nothing wrong." He chuckles deeply.

"But Father said I shouldn't display affection."

"Well I liked it so you may hug me whenever."

"But father said-"

"Haven," He squeezes my thigh gently.

"Right sorry stop talking." I speak to myself.

"Haven, it's okay." He soothes me. I nod and look out the window. We arrive at the chapel and Harry helps me out of the car. His soft lips meet my cheek and I feel myself blush crimson.

"Good luck baby doll." He smirks.

"T-thank you Sir." I squeak and walk into the church.

"Haven!"

"Mr.Jenkins!" I hug him tightly.

"Careful girl." He says playfully and taps my nose.

"How are you dahlin?" His strong country accent protrudes.

"I'm okay, a little nervous but okay." I ramble.

"You'll do great dearie knock em dead!" He smiles before returning to his seat.

"Haven." My father's voice booms, I make my way over to the piano. Rehearsing the words in my head I tuck my skirt under me before sitting on the bench. Worship starts and I am currently playing background music.

H A R R Y

There she sits, in all of her innocence on that damn piano bench. She's very flush but still can pull of the goddess look. Her nimble fingers play the keys as her turn to shine nears.

"My daughter Haven has a special song for you all, please enjoy." Hank, her father announces.

"Um, Hi." She waves awkwardly and the church giggles at her cuteness. My smile widens when she catches my eyes and blushes again.

"I'm Haven and I'll be singing Amazing Grace for y'all." Her sweet country accent echoes through the room.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound

Her angelic voice cuts through me when her eyes turn glossy.

That saved a wretch, like me

I once was lost, but now I'm found

Was blind but now I see,

Her fingers never ceasing movement as she belts out the meaningful lyrics.

T'was grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved

How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed

My chains are gone, I've been set free

Her voice raises and hits the high notes perfectly.

My Christ my Savior, has ransomed me

And like a flood his mercy reigns, unending love, amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below,

Will be forever mine.
You are forever mine.

She finishes the last verse before the church erupts in clapping and they all stand. I quickly stand to my feet when I see her eyes water and her feet take off into the aisles.

"Excuse me." I say and hurry after her. She hurries down the hall and out into the garden.

"Haven." I shout and she turns around looking at me.

"Mr.Styles please leave." Even when she's hurting she's still polite.

"Haven what's wrong?" I step closer to her and she shakes her head. She sniffles but never cries, never let's a tear run down her soft pink cheeks.

"Haven."

"Mr.Styles, you can't see me like this." She pleads and hides her face into her hands.

"Haven, it's okay." I try to soothe her as her breathing gets heavier. Prying her hands from her face I tilt her chin up.

"Father said crying shows weakness." She states looking at me with bloodshot doe eyes.

That made me realize how f.ucked up her family actually is.

(A/N: Just to clarify. Haven obeys to everything anyone says no matter what, because of her past and present. She is a bit childish in mental age but she was just shocked from something that came from her past.)