1%

H A V E N

"Haven it's your turn to sing in the service." My father informs me as I cut my salad greens.

"But papa-"

"No buts Haven Melody." My Mother scolds and I nod wiping the corners of my mouth with my napkin.

"Sorry Mama." I apologize, she nods and continues eating. The doorbell sounds through the house and I look at my father who is busy with a newspaper.

"Haven please go get the door." My Mother orders,  I nod and exit from the dining room to my foyer and swing open the door. Our neighbor who lives across the street stands over me.

"Haven," Mr.Styles acknowledges.

"Hi Mr.Styles!" I chirp and wrap my arms around him. He seems surprised at first but eventually hugs me back. I nuzzle into his chest feeling his heart beat quicken.

"Haven! What did we say about this." My father reprimands and I immediately release Mr.Styles.

"My dearest apologies Mr.Styles." I shuffle and look at my white flats.

"It's quite alright." He weakly smiles and my father looks at me in disgust.

"So sorry Harry, would you like to come in?" My mother stands beside my father.

"No thank you, I was just informed that the church is having another location built?" Mr.Styles eyebrows raise and my father nods.

"Your information is correct we'll be traveling to Lexington to open it." That gets my attention.

"We are?" I say happily.

"No Haven it's just me and your Mother." He says quietly.

"Oh." I whisper. Mr.Styles looked at me in sadness before he turned to my father again.

"See you at church tomorrow." He shakes my dad's hand and looks at me before hugging me.

"Bye baby girl." He whispers in my ear before grinning and walking off our patio. Father shuts the door before looking at me.

Oh my golly.