Bonus Epilogue

I thought that I was done with this story... but I guess I'm not ready to say goodbye just yet. For anyone who enjoyed this series, here's an extra epilogue for you! Let me know if I should make a part two.

—————Y/n's POV———-

"Stop it, Jay!" Nya says, swatting him away as she holds newborn baby Jamie. "I don't want any more pictures!"

"But don't you want to have pictures of little Jamie so we can remember these moments in the future?" Jay protests.

Nya glowers at him. "I'm sleep deprived, everything hurts, and I feel like a sack of potatoes. No, I do not want to remember these moments."

I laugh. "Just leave her be, Jay!"

"Fine," he says, and puts down the camera. "Can I hold him now?"

"Nuh uh, it's my turn next," I say as Nya hands the baby to me.

Jamie wakes up and stares at me with wide eyes. I freeze, worried that he's going to start screaming like an adorable little hooligan, but he doesn't. He laughs.

Nya gasps. "He's never done that before!"

"Wow, y/n, you're really good with kids," Jay muses.

"What's going on in here?" Cole asks as he, Lloyd and Kai come into the living room.

"Jamie's laughing!"

"Really?!" All three boys exclaim, and come running to look at the baby. Ever since Nya gave birth, everyone's world has been revolving around Jamie.

Lloyd sits next to me on the couch, while Kai and Cole crouch down in front of me to stare at the bundle of joy. Lloyd puts an arm around me and kisses my cheek affectionately, and I giggle in return.

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Skylor calls from the kitchen. She gasps as she opens the door.

"Who is it?" Kai wonders, joining Skylor in the hall. He gasps too.

Skylor and Kai lead the three people into the living room; Zane, Pixal, and a toddler.

"Clover!" I exclaim, realizing who the kid must be. "But I thought he wasn't going to be here until next week?"

"They let us sign the adoption papers early," Pixal explains. "Clover, meet your new family!"

Zane brings his new son around the room, introducing him to all of us. Clover's arrival has been anticipated for quite a while now, and it feels amazing to have another addition to the family.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Lloyd whispers once we've all met Clover. I nod, hand Jamie back to Nya, and allow Lloyd to steal me away to the kitchen.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to make you worry," he says nervously. "Everything's fine, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Of course," I say, gesturing for him to continue.

"Well, we've been married for nearly six months, and we still haven't had a proper honeymoon."

I laugh. "Yeah, I guess we haven't."

"So... I was thinking that maybe we should?"

"I'd love to!" I exclaim, jumping into his arms. "What did you have in mind?"

"Uh, honestly, I have no idea."

"Well, we'll just have to come up with something, then," I say. "There's no rush. And in the meantime, we can spend more time with Clover and Jamie."

Lloyd chuckles. "With the amount of time you spend cuddling Jamie, you'd think he was your son, not Nya's."

I know Lloyd was just joking, but I feel my face fall. Lloyd notices, sets me down on the ground, and crushes me in a hug.

"Don't worry," he says. "We'll find a way to have a family of our own."

"I hope so," I sigh.

"We will," he insists. "I know it."

——————later that night————

•••dream•••

"Did you hear?"

"Yes, how could I not?"

"Do you think it's true?"

"No, it can't be. Ghosts aren't real."

"What attacked the town, then?"

"Must have been a gang."

"How do you explain the tidal wave, then? And all the destruction?"

"A bomb, maybe?"

"Could gang members really pull that off?"

"They probably weren't the ones who dropped it. The explosions were likely just a coincidence."

"Do you know what happened to that girl y/n after she saved the town?"

"No; she just disappeared, along with all her mysterious friends."

"Maybe she died along with her parents. Did you hear about the other family that passed away during the attack?"

"Really? Who?"

"Don't know their names, but apparently there was a little girl that survived."

"Where is she now?"

"Wandering the streets. She took a serious blow to the head, and doesn't remember anything about her past. I feel so bad for her."

"Bless her heart. I hope she finds a new family."

•••end of dream•••

"Y/n?" Lloyd calls, rubbing my shoulder. "Y/n, wake up!"

"Huh? What?"

"You're shaking."

"I am?"

"Were you having a nightmare?"

"I... I don't know."

Lloyd pulls me in close to him so that we can cuddle on our shared bed. "If you need to talk about it, I'm here."

"I don't really remember it," I lie. "I think it was about after what happened with the Preeminent... there were these two people talking about the damage... and about some of the lives lost."

"Hmm," Lloyd mumbles tiredly. "That was a long time ago."

"It wasn't that long ago," I mutter. "I'm kind of curious if the town got rebuilt."

Lloyd props himself up on his elbow. "You want to go back there, don't you?"

"What? No," I say, denying the truth.

"Liar."

"Fine. I just need to make sure everyone's doing okay."

Lloyd smiles at me.

"What?" I ask suspiciously. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I think I know where we can go on our honeymoon."