It's Not My Mates

I have everything I could ever want. I live in a all werewolf community. I am currently engaged to the Alpha's son, who I am completely in love with. We are expecting our first child. Even though we aren't mates, we are exited to be starting a life with one another.

Zane wrapped his arms around me. “Good morning, beautiful.”

“Good morning, yourself.” I smiled, rolling over in bed to face him. My growing baby bump wasn't large enough to distance us, but soon it would. So I took advantage of it not being there by wrapping my arms around him. I pecked his lips. “What are the plans today?”

“Stay in bed with you.” he says instantly.

I laugh. “That sounds good, but we can't.”

“Why not?”

“That whole Alpha conference thing is tonight.” I remind him. “Last I heard, your presence was demanded there.”

“I don't see why. It only concerns larger packs. After all, they are the only one this benefits.”

Our pack is quite small. It consists of thirty people. In the werewolf world, that number is practically none-existent. Most packs have well over a hundred members. We liked keeping things small though. It made us feel more like a family.

“Are you coming to the dance portion of it?” he asks.

“Only if that makes me your date.”

“River, you are the only one that I have eyes for.” With that he started to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss. I'm telling you, my life is perfect.

Then there is a knock on the door. “Zane, River, get your asses up.”

Zane groaned. “Why must you have an annoying best friend?”

“I heard that!” yelled the voice of his twin sister and my best friend, Ira.

I climb out of bed to greet her. “What do you want?”

“Two words. Dress. Shopping.” she has an evil grin on her face. “We are gonna have so much fun. Both of us need to find really cute dresses for tonight. Who knows, I might meet my mate.”

She wants to meet her mate so bad. She sees everyone else with their mates and is jealous. I'm glad she doesn't say anything about Zane or I finding our mates, because she knows that that's a touchy subject. Zane's dad, the Alpha, isn't exactly happy about how serious our relationship has gotten. He is very old fashioned when it comes to mating. He believes that you shouldn't mate with someone who isn't your mate. Well Zane and I haven't exactly fully mated yet. We are waiting for that after we are married.