17

"the day you left me, it was because of what i called you isn't it?" you nodded your head as he sighed. "i panicked, it brought back too much hurt." you let your head droop as you just sat in silence. suddenly you felt him hugging you, why was he hugging you? 

"what are you doing?" you tried pushing him away but he only held you tighter. "i love you Ocus, i love all of you, every single flaw, every single problem, i can't sit here and watch you move on. I need you Ocus. Please." you sat in shock at his words. had he really felt like this the whole time? "EJ..."

you couldn't hold it in any longer, you began crying into his shoulder. 

"one day we'll start a family, you and me. we'll make the strongest proxy Slender has ever seen and keep them from going through the childhoods we had." you looked up at EJ as he spoke. maybe this was it, this was the happiness you had longed for, for so long. you cupped your face in his hands as he made you look at him. "you're like my sweet little buttercup."

you began panicking at that nickname. he couldn't understand what was going on, you raced to your room locking him out. you could hear him banging on the door shouting something but you didn't care. you were hyperventilating and shaking, you couldn't calm yourself. you curled into a ball in the corner of your room, sobbing into your knees. 

Jack's POV

four days. it's been four days since Ocus had last left her room. she hadn't ate, drank, nothing, since her panic. What did you do? you needed to talk to her. her lights hadn't been on the entire time, you grabbed a piece of paper and pen and began to write a note to her. "what happened? please talk to me." you slid it under the door. you waited for hours, only the paper never moved. 

you found one of the maids and used their spare key to open the door, you cracked the door open and peeked it. but it was empty. Ocus was no where to be seen. you ran to Slender's and knocked, waiting for him to open the door. 

"what is it?" "where's Ocus." Slender began shoving you out the door. "she left." you felt your heart drop. "what do you mean left? where is she?" Slender sighed, clearly annoyed, or was it anger? "she went to the underworld for a few days to calm down, something about needing space and to give you this." Slender handed you a note as he slammed the door. you opened it right away, not caring who was in the hall. 

"EJ, you may not understand why I acted the way i did, but i think it's best for us to not be together. I'm sorry to tell you like this, please understand. I needed time away so i went back home, this also gives you time to process everything before i come back."

you crumbled the paper up and threw it down the hall, you let out a single scream as you fell to your knees. you let yourself fall apart right there. "EJ, what's going on?" BEN rushed to you as he tried understanding what was happening. "she left me. SHE LEFT ME." you began crying harder into BEN's shoulder as he just sat there, holding you. "i was going to marry her BEN." 

"i know EJ, i know."