7

he parked the car behind the gas station, you got out and entered the building. to your surprise, there weren't many victims for how many people were in there. you followed a victim into the bathrooms, locking the door.

Jack's POV

sighing, you laid the seat back. you didn't know how long Ocus would be, but you decided to take a quick nap. you locked the car before letting yourself fall asleep.

Ocus' POV

after a few victims, you decided to contact boss to see if you had met your quota for the day. you quickly found his name under your contacts and waited for him to pick up. "what?" his tone clearly annoyed. "wassup pops, i'm just calling to check if I've made my daily quota." there was a pause and then some rustling. "it looks like you've made quota, thank you." you were about to hang up when a female voice rang through the phone. "hey Ocus! when are you coming to visit again?" you laughed as you heard one of your work best friends through the phone.

"not too sure, i'm still finishing up a mission for Slender up here. i'm sure it wont be much longer though." you heard boss grab the phone back. "Lilith, how do you hang up again?" you laughed as boss struggled to work a phone, as usual.

you hung up and head out back to the car, it had only been about 45 minutes. you saw Jack sleeping as you realized he had locked you out. "idiot" you mumbled. you didn't want to break a window or the door, deciding the trunk was the best route. you climbed through the bags and found the small opening that lead to the backseat of the car. popping the cover of the opening off, you climbed into the backseat.

you decided to scare EJ awake to get a bit of revenge for locking you out. "Jack!" you yelled as loud as you could, violently hitting his shoulder in the process. he sprang out of the seat, looking around. you began laughing until you felt tears falling from your eyes. "you should've seen your face!" he gave you a slight growl as you just climbed into the passenger seat, still laughing uncontrollably.

he started the car and quickly left the gas station, giving you the silent treatment now. you fell asleep, not wanting to sit in silence the whole ride home.

laying on the basement floor, you could feel your stomach growling. how long had it been since he had fed you, or better yet, since you had last seen him? fear took over your body as you began letting your mind run wild. what if he had died? would you die down here alone? what if he ran away? got kidnapped? you began crying silently to yourself, you hoped to god he was still alive. as crazy as it sounded, he was your only hope of survival, even if he did make you face death every day.

suddenly you heard footsteps walking down the basement. you let out a sigh of relief. he approached you, a bag of something in his hand. he turned the camera on and began his introduction. he sat in front of you, but out of your reach. your mouth was not enclosed this time though, allowing you to talk. "so I've decided the only way for us to have trust, is for us to get to know each other better." you just stared at him, not understanding what was going to happen. more torture?

"ill tell you a bit of myself and you can do the same. my name is Tate, i have an adopted son around your age, i work as a police officer, and i'm in love with a girl." you cringed as you knew who he was in love with, you wouldn't be able to leave as long as he alive. but he did mention he had a son your age. you felt a pang of hope at that.

"now it's your turn." he said, breaking you from your thoughts. you sat in silence, not wanting to talk to him. let alone open up. you could tell he was growing impatient, deciding it was in your best interest to answer, even if you didn't reply truthfully. "my name is (name), i'm 16, i have a mom and dad and brother, and i was kidnapped." the last part seemed to make him angry.

"why are you so ungrateful? you could have it much worse you ungrateful brat." you began backing away from him as he pulled out some duct tape and an unknown object from his back. "i'm sorry, ill be good i promise." he ignored you as he bent down in front of you.

you jumped awake, looking around the car until you realized where you were. you let out a sigh as you saw Jack, knowing it was just a dream. you looked at him to see him just staring straight ahead. "do you want me to drive for a little bit?" he shook his head. you looked at the GPS to see you guys had under 30 minutes until you would be home, how long were you sleeping?

*~*

you grabbed your bag, letting jack carry the suitcase to slender. you tossed your and jacks dirty clothes into the washer and placed some detergent and softener before turning it on. you unpacked any clothes you didn't wear, and head to Jack's room. you opened the door to see it still empty, he must still be with slender. you placed his clothes on his bed, before something caught your eye.