16

"what. the. fuck." you stared at the screen as EJ jumped in front of it. "why the fuck were you looking at his social media?" how did EJ even know that man. and why would he be looking at his page. "it's n-not what it-t seems Ocus." he stuttered over his words, fear hung over him. He knew something. 

"you know don't you." you watched his whole body shrink at those words. how else would he know that man or even bother stalking him, why would he freak out so badly of you seeing the man. he had to have found the man. "...yes." you sighed as you let your body fall onto the bed. you just stared at the ceiling thinking, ...feeling. "what do you know."

he hesitated for a moment. "i found the flash drive from the computer, i saw everything." you felt a heavy punch to your chest at those words. you felt yourself forgetting how to breath as you struggled to fill your lungs with air. he. knew. he. saw. you quickly raised a knife to his throat. "if you tell anyone what you saw on there i will kill you so slowly you will wish Lucifer got to you first. and don't even think about killing him." EJ simply shook his head as you let go. "i uh, i have your results."

you looked at the papers in his hands. "you don't have any broken bones but you do have a bruised spine, and tailbone. should heal with care and time." you nodded and left the room. you walked as fast as you could to your room, you let yourself fall apart as soon as the door shut. sobbing as you processed what had just happened. you hated how you felt right now, vulnerable, ...weak. 

he knew everything, he knew why you acted how you did, why you died. he probably had so many questions, would he ever get the answer? you heard a soft knock on the door as you tried to wipe your tears away as best you could. you slowly opened the door and peeked out to see EJ standing in front of you. 

you let him in and he took his mask off and sat on the floor in front of you. "i suppose you're here to get answers." you sighed and looked at the floor. you pulled your knees to your chest and wrapped your arms around yourself. "i never meant for my life to be like that." you looked up at him to see "tears" falling down his face. "i was going to have a normal life, but after the kidnapping, it was all different. i knew i didn't have a family to go back to no matter how much i acted like they were still alive. they were dead, i had no one to go back to after it was all done."

"i did what i thought was right and i do not regret it. i only regret killing my family. they didn't deserve that.  sometimes i wonder where they are, did they go to heaven or hell? are they searching for me still? do they hate me?" you looked down at the floor again, pulling yourself in tighter. 

"why did you choose to be a reaper? how did you get into that? and how do you remember everything if he shocked you?" you sighed, you knew that was coming. "Lucifer and me made a deal, i would go back to the human realm and work for him and search for the man, but of course no deal with the devil is simple. i couldn't escape my punishment, i live with that punishment everyday. I have to relive every single nightmare of my life over and over every time i close my eyes, he brought back every single memory, every single horror i went through, everything." 

you two sat in silence for a few seconds, he seemed to be processing what you had said. "why did you do it?" you looked at him confused. "you're last day alive, why'd you think that was the only way out?" 

you watched as the mans feet descended from the steps. his footsteps getting louder with each step. you sat on the bed watching him walk closer. your hands wrapped around the object under your pillow. though your memory had been wiped, you still felt that emptiness, you felt something wasn't right. you couldn't shake this heavy feeling. you were numb, so numb. 

you waited till the man was standing in front of you, he handed you a bowl of ice cream. you grabbed it in your left hand and threw it as far as you could across the basement, you watch the man angrily walked to get it. you yanked the gun from under the pillow and placed it under your chin. the camera was on as always, you looked right at it and pulled the trigger.