Chapter 15

~flashback continues~

I wake from a dreamless sleep, having tossed and turned all night.

As much I refused to believe it, I had fallen for John so much in such a short space of time, and now he was leaving me.

Wanting to distract myself, I clamber out of my duvet and go to the bathroom.

In my sleepy haze, I begin to undress before being startled by a low, husky voice.

"You've lightened up."

"FUCKING HELL!" I scream, covering myself as best I could.

"I've seen it all before love." He groans, sitting up and stretching all the kinks in his back.

"You slept in the bath?"

"Certainly looks like it." He chuckles, standing and climbing out.

We stand in an awkward silence, like two teenagers on a first date.

"I'm leaving in forty minutes. Do you want coffee?" I ask sternly, not being in the right mood still.

"Love one. But get some clothes on, you're giving me ideas." John smirks.

I don't say anything, and leave.

............

"Giving me the silent treatment are you?"

I pull a face at him, before returning to pouring the coffee.

Nodding, he leans forward across the table, and traces my jawline, making me shiver. I try to hide it, but when he sees me giggle at the ticklish sense, he smiles.

"There she is, my beautiful girl."

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Because you're leaving, and I won't be your girl anymore." I retort sadly.

"I'll always remember you. These few days have been so special to me."

"I bet you say that to all the girls." I chuckle, determined to cheer up and enjoy what time we do have left, as John said.

Casting a quick look to the clock, my eyes widen when I see the time.

"I'm off now. Will you be here when I get back?"

"You bet." He winks.
............

"How did the interview go?"

"Oh, it was great. Got some real good information." I inform my boss, handing over the papers.

"I expected no less, YN." He smiles.

Beaming as he reads my report, I silently boast about the whole week.

"This is good, YN. Congratulations. Seems you really wooed the answers out of them."

Oh, if you only knew.

"I thought you might like to know, there's a note for you on your desk. It's not signed but..."

Eyebrows raising in surprise and curiosity, I dismiss myself to go and investigate.

Upon reaching my desk, I catch sight of the little folded note with my name written on the front.

I open it up, and it reads:

Smiling and holding the note to my chest, I begin to get excited for tonight

Smiling and holding the note to my chest, I begin to get excited for tonight. Hopefully I can come to terms with the fact that this is temporary before then.
.........

Upon entering the vastly beautiful restaurant, I notice the feeling of being very out of place. John meets me in the foyer, dressed in a dapper suit.

Looking extremely handsome, his face lights up when he sees me, and he comes to my side, wrapping his arm round my waist and kissing my cheek. He leads us to through the large glass doors to where we're shown to a table, overlooking the Hudson River.

"It's really nice here." I smile.

"You've never been?"

"No, it's not really my scene, all this posh stuff." I giggle, looking around at the other guests, who are dressed to the nines while I'm here in the same clothes I've been wearing all day.

"Same, I'd much rather be at home where the telly is." He laughs, sipping from his pre-prepared champagne glass.

"And where is home?"

Not knowing how to respond, John smiles and takes another glug.

Shaking off the doubt, I too begin to sip.

We place our orders and enjoy small conversation, which soon turn into deeper ones once our alcohol levels rise.

We converse nicely over dinner, John often slipping in flirtatious remarks, which I gratefully receive and return.

"I was thinking, afterwards, we could go for a walk along the river and then back to your place or something?"

"Sounds great, but I don't have any furniture." I laugh.

"Oh don't worry about that." He smirks, hiding his face behind a glass.

After another twenty minutes of sitting and talking, John helps me into my coat, running his fingers along my shoulders and neck sensually. I shiver, and hope it's just a taste of what's to come.

Sliding the money to pay onto the table, he wraps his arm around my shoulders, guiding me out.

.........

"So what's your ultimate dream?" He asks, swinging my hand around like a child.

"Well, to have a journalism career and a family one day." I respond, smiling at the ground.

"That's nice." John smiles, coming to a stop beside the river.

"What about you? What's your plan after music?"

"I mean, there is no 'after music.' I want to do this all my life. It's how I've survived this long."

I smile at him, and turn to face the river.

"I've never thought about this river being beautiful until now I see it with you here." I comment, seeing John smile out of the corner of my eye.

"You know when you've gone, how will you remember me?" I ask, beginning to feel sad again.

"I'll remember you as being so dedicated, so passionate. So beautiful." By this point, John has turned to face me and has taken my hands in his.

Following a swift look to his lips, I lean in and place my lips on his. Tenderly kissing him, I make sure he has something to remember me by.

"How will you remember me, then?" John asks, stroking my hair.

"You're the best adventure I've ever had." I whisper against his lips, before he smothers them again with his mouth.

We kiss under the white moonlight for a few moments, before I break away, feeling something wet on me.

Squinting my eyes, Ijyst about make out the sight of John crying.

"Oh, what's wrong?" I ask, embracing him.

"You don't need this, there's so many men out there who are so much better for you than me."

"Where's this coming from?"

He shakes his head and wipes his eyes.

"I'm so, so sorry."

Stepping away from him, mind running wild at what he means.

"What for?"

He shakes his head again, and takes my hand, leading me away.

"It doesn't matter, let's go home." John sniffles, taking my arm and guiding me back to my flat.

...........
We will go back to the present soon I promise ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share x