Chapter 37

A Year Later

A Year Later

Thanya had gone back to teaching and the kids treated her the same. To them, she was still the same old Miss Lan. Thanya had been getting fitted for her prosthetic legs that Hansen had raised the money for. Every weekday Hansen would drop off the girls and pick them up. They weren't dating again, but it didn't stop Hansen from trying to win her back. Everyone knew that Thanya was still madly in love with Hansen. They were just waiting for her to wake up and take him back.

One day, after Thanya had come home from work with Monica, she wheeled herself to her room and saw two boxes on her bed. They were both beautifully wrapped in blue wrapping paper with a big white ribbon on top. She had no clue what was inside and who it was from. Her aunt Sandy wasn't home to answer any questions she had. She gently opened the box and gasped at what she saw inside.

It was a wedding dress......

She pulled it out of the box and it was everything she'd ever dreamed her wedding dress to be. The only problem was she never went to a fitting for any wedding dresses, and she'd never told anyone what she wanted. Everything she wanted for her dream wedding was in a journal that she kept hidden.

It was a sleeveless dress that had a sweetheart neckline and flowed at the bottom. In the back was a white, silky lace fabric that showed just the right amount of skin. It was beautiful on both  the front and the back. Thanya touched it and started to cry. She thought about how her wedding with Hansen would have been. Then she opened up the second box.

It was the prosthetic legs that she was waiting for. Thanya touched them and cried. She was starting to get so emotional, she thought she must be getting her period. She was so grateful of what he had done for her. She loved this man so much. What made her cry even more, was thinking she might never deserve it.

"He loves you very much, and he will always continue to fight for you," said a voice behind Thanya.

Thanya turned around and saw Sandy leaning by the door. Thanya wiped her eyes. "I didn't hear you come in," said Thanya, as her voice cracked.

"I was out. I had to take care of something important," Sandy said vaguely.

"Did he come by earlier?" asked Thanya.

Sandy nodded, "He did. Here is something else he left behind."

Sandy then handed Thanya a card. She kissed Thanya on the forehead and then left the room. Thanya looked at the white envelope she held in her hand. She knew that if she opened this, she would be letting him back and giving this another try. As she looked at the boxes and back at the envelope, she opened the letter and began to read it.

"Dear Thanya,

You are both beautiful on the inside and out. I didn't fall in love with you for only your beauty. I fell in love with you for your kind heart. You are kind, selfless, loving, and smart. I see the way you are with children, and for that I know that you would be a great mother. I see the way that you are with my mom and dad. For that I know you would be a great daughter-inlaw. I see the way you are with Monica. For that you are a great friend. I see the way you are with me. You give me one heck of a hard time to win you over, but I wouldn't have it any other way, because in the end, I know it will all be worth it. I will continue to fight for you and pursue you till we're old and gray. You are worth fighting for. Now I hope you saw the two boxes I asked Sandy to lay on the bed. I still want to marry you Thanya. You have the wedding dress and the prosthetic legs. With these prosthetic legs, you will be able to walk down the aisle."

Thanya laughed at the bold letters. Then continued reading the letter out loud.

"I'm hoping that this is the dress you will love, and I'm going to take a guess at the destination you want to be married. If you will have me as your husband, I hope to see you tonight at 6pm, at the location you've always wanted to get married at. I'm going to send a driver to you, tell him the destination and he will take you there. If you're not at the place that I hope you'll be, then I'll take it as a sign that you don't want to be with me. I love you Thanya, and I always will. I can't wait to make you my wife.

Love, Hansen.

P.S. I will pull you over again if I have to."

Thanya laughed at that last remark. She remembered how he blackmailed her into giving him a chance. She closed the letter and looked at the time on the clock and saw that it was 3:50 p.m. She thought about all the times she spent with Hansen and how he made her smile. Then she thought about how it was like before him. She made her decision.

"Monica!" shouted Thanya.

Monica came upstairs and looked at Thanya with an excited smile.

"I take it you're saying yes?" Monica asked excitingly.

Thanya looked surprised. "You knew?"

Monica rolled her eyes, "Of course I knew! It's about time you said yes too!" Thanya laughed and nodded her head.

"Can you help me get ready one last time?" Thanya asked her best friend.

"Absolutely!" said Monica, right before she got started.

Thanya was both nervous and excited. She really hoped that Hansen was at the right place. Her heart would break if he wasn't. She loved this man, and she couldn't believe it took her over a year to let him back into her life. She was going to make sure that she was the best wife a wife could be. She would love him unconditionally like he did her.