Chapter 6

Throughout the whole flight to Hawai'i, the three flight attendants were checking Hansen out

Throughout the whole flight to Hawai'i, the three flight attendants were checking Hansen out. When they arrived at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, one of the flight attendants made sure to slip him her number as well, along with a message written on it. She was a beautiful black woman with light brown eyes and a curvy figure.

Maddy 808-892-7632

She signaled and mouthed 'Call Me'. Hansen smiled and nodded. He didn't plan on calling any of the two women. He had just had his heart broken, so it would take a while to even feel emotionally ready to be with another woman.

Frank, being right beside him, whispered, "I'd give a leg, left arm, and a pinky from my right hand, to be with that woman." Hansen turned and raised an eyebrow. Frank chuckled.

"I got a thing for black women," Frank said with a grin.

When it was time to grab his bag and exit the plane, Hansen felt someone tap his shoulder as he grabbed his bag to leave. He turned behind him and saw that it was Frank. Frank held a piece of paper up to Hansen. Hansen saw Frank's name and a number beside it.

Hansen smirked and said, "You can't be serious."

Frank nodded his head and replied, "You got two of those ladies numbers. I want to come. One for you and one for me. I'm staying at the Four Seasons in Ko'Olina. Don't forget about me!" he said with a grin. 

Hansen replied, "That's if I call them. Sure, why not." Frank grinned and stood to grab his carry-on.

As they exited the plane, the flight attendants winked at Hansen.

Hansen smiled and waved goodbye. As he walked out, he saw a familiar face, Jim Kala. 

"Good to see you, brother," Jim said to Hansen, as they embraced in a manly hug. 

"You too, man," Hansen replied.

"Come on," Jim said, as he led Hansen to the baggage claim.

Hansen grabbed his suitcase and followed Jim to the parking lot.

"There's my baby," Jim said as he walked towards a green Nissan Titan, looking at it with pride.

Hansen put his suitcase in the back of the truck and sat in the passenger seat.

"You hungry?" Jim said as he got into the driver's seat and started the car.

Jim backed up and started to drive out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, a little," Hansen said.

"Rajah dat," said Jim.

(Okay)

"What?" Hansen asked, laughing.

"It's pidgin slang. It's how some of us local people talk," Jim said with a chuckle. He turned on the radio and a local DJ called Rori Wild played "Cool Down" by Kolohe Kai.

"Welcome to Hawai'i," Jim said to Hansen as he pulled out onto the highway.

Jim took Hansen to breakfast at Aunty Lani's Restaurant, a small place in Waianae on the west side of O'ahu. Hansen liked the place because most of the people in the restaurant were families. He tried their ham with eggs and rice.

"This is pretty good," said Hansen as he ate his food.

"Yeah, we locals love our Spam. We eat SPAM musubi, SPAM with eggs, SPAM in fried rice, SPAM soup, almost SPAM everything," Jim laughed.

After they finished eating, Jim decided to take Hansen around to some of the places in O'ahu to go sightseeing. One of the places that Jim took Hansen to was Waikiki. They walked around the Waikiki strip.

Jim turned toward Hansen and said with a smile, "This place gets busier at nighttime. There are people from all over the world who come here for vacation, and when you walk on the strip at nighttime, you can hear many types of languages from all over the world."

"Welcome to Hawai'i," said Jim as he kept walking.