Chapter 29

It was Sunday morning, and Thanya woke up to someone knocking on her door. She rubbed her eyes and headed to the front door. The last person who came unexpectedly, was Kita. She was sure Kita was still asleep. Thanya looked at the clock she passed on the wall. It was 7 a.m. Kita usually never woke up until 11 a.m. So it was going to be a while.

"Who is it?" said Thanya.

"The most handsome and dashing man you have ever seen," chimed Hansen.

She rolled her eyes and opened the door.

Thanya scoffed. "Saying your name would have sufficed," said Thanya, flashing a grin.

"Ahh, but an introduction to me is even better!" joked Hansen.

He then pulled her to him and said, "Today is going to be a very active day. Dress casual."

Thanya tilted her head in question, curious as to what they would be doing for their date. Nonetheless, Hansen had proven himself to be great at surprises, especially the ones where he would prank her. Annoying as they were, she couldn't help but laugh whenever she thought about it.

Thanya looked at Hansen, and he already seemed to be dressed casual, wearing a navy blue T-shirt and light blue, worn-out jeans. It looked great on him. The shirt hugged his biceps and the jeans made it even better. She smiled and nodded.

Thanya then quickly went back to her room to change into some jean shorts and an old, white tank top she'd had for years. She then walked to Kita's room to let her know that she was leaving. She had already told Kita last night about her plans with Hansen, so she never had to give a full story on where she was going and with whom.

"Have fun!" Kita mumbled tiredly, with her eyes half open and her hair sticking all over the place.

When Hansen and Thanya left, the first place he took her to was Ko'Olina. He parked in the parking lot by Island Vintage Coffee and quickly got out of the car to open the door for her. Thanya smiled and kissed him on the cheek in appreciation. She loved how sweet he was to her. Throughout the whole time they'd been dating, he'd always treated her like a queen.

Something no other man had done.

"We'll eat here," said Hansen, as he gestured to the small coffee shop, "Then take a walk by the lagoon. After that, there's somewhere I want to take you."