Chapter 10

Hansen walked over to the two staff members and introduced himself

Hansen walked over to the two staff members and introduced himself. They found him attractive, and were happy that he came and offered to help. They took him to the back of the stage and got him dressed. There wasn't much to change. They had him take off his T-shirt and jeans, then had him change into red surf shorts that had the lifeguard logo on it. They then asked him to write five things about himself on an index card.

As Hansen peeked out from behind the curtains, he noticed someone in his peripheral vision. Turning his head to the side, he saw a beautiful Asian-looking woman who looked to be part Caucasian as well. She had long, brown hair that cascaded down in waves. She was peeking out from behind the curtains as well, dressed in skinny jeans that showed off her good figure and wearing the black staff shirt. She was just tall enough to reach Hansen's chin, and looked like she was in her twenties.

She was talking to another elderly woman, much older, who looked to be in her fifties, with her pepper-colored hair. Hansen was transfixed by the younger woman's beauty. He couldn't look away. She was like an angel. As he was about to step toward her to introduce himself, Emily grabbed his hand to take him outside.

Hansen turned to Emily and asked, "What's her name?" while pointing at the woman behind the curtain.

Emily looked where he was pointing and replied, "Her? Oh, that's Thanya. She's one of the teachers at the elementary school. The old woman next to her is Mrs. Kim, she's the principal of the school." Hansen repeated Thanya's name, liking the way it sounded.

"Now our next lifeguard is actually a volunteer from the crowd who offered to fill in for one of our lifeguards who couldn't make it today," said Kekoa. Emily quickly gave Kekoa the index card that had five things about Hansen.

Kekoa looked at the index card and said, "Clap your hands together for Hansen Hayworth everyone!"

"A few flexes and poses will knock them dead," said Emily, before Hansen walked out on the stage, waving to the crowd with a smile. He was a bit nervous, but hid it well. Women were whistling and giggling. Kekoa could tell this man would bring in a lot of money from the crowd.

Out of all the male lifeguards who came out, Hansen was the most attractive. He wasn't bulky like a body builder, but he had a perfect set of muscles and abs that women wanted to touch. He had broad shoulders and his frame just screamed, "Alpha." Hansen began to flex and pose in front of the crowd. The ladies started screaming and giggling, pulling out their wallets to see how much cash they had left. Some of the men were rolling their eyes.

One man looked at his friends, scoffed and asked in a jealous tone "What he got that I don't?" while rolling his eyes.

One of the ladies that overheard him turned to him and smirked. In a sassy tone she replied, "First of all, abs. He got abs," while holding one finger up. Then she put another finger up and said, "Second, he's got the height and looks of a Greek god." Putting her hands on her hips, and raising one eyebrow up, she continued and asked, "Do you want me to continue?"