Chapter 21

The next day, Hansen woke up with a smile

The next day, Hansen woke up with a smile. He had a great rest and he was excited for the day to begin. Today was the day that Thanya would give him her answer. He wanted to rush right on over and know the answer. He normally was a patient man, but everyone has their limits. He was too excited.

He didn't even bother to eat breakfast before leaving his place. Instead he just brushed his teeth, combed his hair and put on his white tee with dark blue jeans. Grabbing his car keys off the table, he headed out the door and straight to Jim's house to pick up the girls.

The girls were always so excited to see him, and loved it when he picked them up. "Uncle Handsome!" Leilani shouted as she rushed to the car.

Malia and Jim soon followed after. Jim buckled Leilani in her car seat and walked to the driver's side.

"So Malia here tells me that you gave a talk about safety in school yesterday," said Jim.

"I did," said Hansen.

He wanted to keep it short. He didn't want Jim to know anything about Thanya yet, because technically they weren't a thing, and he didn't want Jim to know that she shut him down. If Jim found out, he would never let Hansen live it down. Hansen was the good-looking one in the group, and everyone knew it. Even though he never gave any of the ladies attention, it still didn't stop the women coming his way.

"Why?" Jim asked.

"Because their teacher asked me to. That's all," Hansen replied.

"Mmhmm," said Jim in a disbelieving tone.

Jim wasn't stupid. He knew that their teacher was attractive. Hansen never went out of his way to do something for a woman that he didn't care about. Hansen was late for work that day, which was out of character for someone like him.

"Daddy, we have to go!" whined Leilani.

"Yeah, Uncle Jim. We're going to be late for school," said Malia.

"All right, all right," said Jim as he backed away from the car, putting two hands up in defense.

Hansen chuckled and nodded goodbye to Jim right before he drove off and headed to the school. When he got to the school, he took Leilani to her class first like he always did, and then headed to Malia's next.

Thanya was opening the windows in the class when she heard his voice. "Made a decision yet?" he whispered in her ear.

She immediately got goosebumps. Trying to act like his proximity didn't bother her, she turned to him.

"Good morning," replied Thanya.

"That's not the answer I'm looking for, but good morning to you too, beautiful," Hansen said with a smirk.

Thanya walked towards her desk and sat down in her chair. She pulled out what looked like a calendar book and held it close to her. She flipped through the pages and pretended to act as if she was busy every day of the hour. She sighed and looked at him.