One of Them Was a Monster

It was still early when Stiles woke. He slowly crept through the cabin getting fresh clothes and left for the showers. He stayed under the water long after he had cleaned himself. It was calming standing in all that warmth. He finally shut it off when the water started running cold. He wanted to look good when his dad arrived. Not just good but better. Stiles was back in the cabin by the time everyone else was waking. 

“Looking sharp Stilinski!” Scott called from his bed.

“Got a hot breakfast date?” Isaac stole a quick look at Derek and then winked at Stiles. Both boys smiled.

“My dads coming to visit today and I wanted to look nice.”

“You look great.” Derek offered with a smile as he walked out of the cabin to the showers.

“It’s not to much is it?” Stiles looked over his clothes. He had on a nice pair of khaki pants and a dress shirt.

“You look like you could do my taxes.” Isaac laughed from his bed. Scott threw his pillow hitting Isaac who smiled throwing it back.

“Don’t listen to him. You look good.”

“That’s it. I’m changing.” It’s not that he needed to but being the nervous mess he was it took three tries before he decided on what to wear. Stiles decided on a pair of nice jeans and a dark blue V-neck. At least now he didn’t look like he was on his way to a junior high dance. 

Stiles sat on the front steps of Deucalion’s house as he waited for his father to show up. He bounced his leg up and down and nervously chewed on his thumb. Boyd sat next to him and could see how anxious Stiles had become.

“Are you excited to see your dad?”

“Yeah. I just hope he’s excited to see me. I really hurt him.”

“I know he’ll be happy to see you. You’ve made a lot of progress. Just remember it can be a bit overwhelming.”

“What do you mean?” Stiles looked over at Boyd.

“You started this new life here and you’re still trying to find your way. It can be a lot to take in when your old life gets thrown back into the mix. Just know that if it’s too much you can always just say the word and they can leave.”

“Thanks Boyd.” Boyd smiled at the boy. Stiles looked back out awaiting the arrival. It almost didn’t seem real when he saw the car pulling up the long drive. He couldn’t help but smile when the car stopped and his dad step out of the car.

“Hey kid!” Mr. Stilinski smiled with his arms held out. Stiles almost ran to hug his dad. They squeezed one another tightly. “let me get a look at you.” He pulled Stiles out in front of him and examined his son. “You look good. Look at all that hair.” He ruffled his fingers through it. Stiles smiled and stepped further back.

“You look great honey.” Wendy stepped forward from behind his dad. She grabbed him in a hug and rubbed a circle into his back. Stiles hugged her back and quickly pulled away. She held onto his hand for a moment and smiled. “I can’t believe it. How are they treating you?”

“It’s good. I’ve met some cool friends.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” She let go and looped her arm around Mr. Stilinski. From behind them he saw the back door open. Matt stepped out of the car and walked joining his mom and soon to be step father.

“Hey Stiles.”

“Hey Matt.”

Boyd stepped in offering his hand to Mr. Stilinski.