Lose You in All That pain

It was the same most nights. Stiles watched from his bed. He waited for the shadow under the door that would break the steady flow of the hall light. Some nights he would doze off and catch a few hours of sleep. That was only some nights. His dad was working a night shift again. Those were the nights Stiles feared the most. He heard the light steps down the hall before he saw the shadows. He quickly rolled over facing the wall. Moments later he could hear the door opening and a whisper fill the room.

“Stiles? Are you awake?” He didn’t answer. He didn’t want to answer. he just wanted to be left alone. The door shut to his room and he could feel the presence behind him. He did his best to stay calm. It was always better when he didn’t do or say anything. It was easier to escape that way. He felt the weight of the body climbing into his bed. The body molded to fit in right next to him and that’s when the touching started.

“Stop.” The words barely came out. “You promised.” He felt the hot breath against his neck.

“Don’t fight it Stiles. You know you like it. Doesn't it feel good?”

Stiles blinked back tears. He hated it.

“Please?” he felt the pain in wrists as he was pulled onto his back. It was only going to get worse. He struggled as his pajama pants were pulled away and then he felt the loose fabric of his boxes hanging around his ankles. “Stop. I don’t want to do this! Please. Stop! Stop!” wet kisses covered his face. He closed his eyes tightly trying to detach.

Someone was screaming. Stiles opened his eyes and realized it was him. He couldn’t help it. He thrashed around on his mattress. Cold sweat covered his body.

“It was a dream!” He felt warm hands on his arms and then someone grabbed him from behind holding him. Stiles fought harder. “It’s me! It’s Scott!” Stiles finally realized he had been dreaming. He let himself fall into Scott’s chest and began to catch his breath. Isaac sat up in his bed his curls a tangled mess and large doe eyes watching with sadness. He knew what it was like waking from those nightmares. Boyd and Derek both stood next to the bed also looking down at him. The door to the girls room opened and Alison poked her head out. Boyd waved her back into her room and she vanished again. Derek kneeled down beside the bed to be eye level with Stiles.

“Are you okay?” Stiles just stared at him still in shock.

“Take him to my room.” Boyd said. “He can calm down in there. I’ll go get Deaton.” Without hesitation Derek scooped up Stiles in his arms. Boyd left the cabin and went to wake Deaton. Stiles nestled his head into Derek’s neck. He breathed him in. It was comforting. Derek laid him down on the bed and sat down on the edge.

“We don’t have to talk about it,” Derek said as he watched Stiles.

“It was so real.” were the first words Stiles managed to say.

“They always are. Just remind yourself it’s over. I’m not going to let anything or anyone hurt you. I swear to God you’re safe here.” He reached out and held onto Stiles hand. He rubbed small circles with his thumb into Stiles hand. The tension Stiles held onto began to vanish.

The door opened and Boyd and Deaton walked in. Stiles quickly pulled his hand away and wiped the sweat and tears from his face.

“I heard you had a bad dream. Anything you want to talk about Stiles?” Stiles looked at his hands and bit his lip.

“It’s just- it’s really stupid. It was a dumb dream. I was being chased by zombies. I thought they were going to eat my brain.”

“Are you sure?” Deaton raised an eyebrow. He knew that Stiles was lying but he couldn’t force him to talk either.