If We Weren't Misfit Toys

The boys had been in the library all morning. They had grabbed a quick breakfast and headed straight to the stacks claiming they were doing research for their history papers. They had been knee deep in books and still couldn't find anything close to what the Orthodox looked like.

"You know what would help?" Stiles asked his friends as he hauled another stack of books to the table.

"Magic. My eyeballs feel like they're going to fall out. I mean who spends the weekend in a library." Isaac grabbed another book and started reading again.

"Yeah magic could work but I was thinking more along the lines of the internet." Stiles shook his head and grabbed another book.

"If they actually let us on the computers without being monitored. As soon as we started looking Deucalion would find out and I'm not sure if that's in our best interest." Scott spoke up from behind a book.

"I think I found something!" Stiles jumped up and squeezed between Isaac and Scott throwing the book down on the table. "Look!" He threw his hand down on the page and pointed at a picture of a giant chest that looked like it was made of gold.

"That's pretty bad ass but what's that have to do with..." Isaac looked around to make sure they were alone "You know what?"

"It's not the chest that's important, it's what's on it." The boys leaned in closer and could see the shape of a trident, the shape of the orthodox.

"I can't-" Isaac lowered his voice "I can't believe you found it. What's it say?" Stiles lifted the book back up and began to read the text below the picture.

"This mysterious chest often referred to as a pandora's box first came into history through fables passed down by the early settlers. Much like Grimm's tales the stories told about the box were meant to teach lessons to the children of the villages.'

"Something tells me that this box is bad news." Scott interrupted.

"What makes you say that?" Isaac asked scrunching up his nose.

"Cluelessness is so cute on you." Scott smiled at Isaac and couldn't help but think how cute he was.

"You're pretty cute yourself."

"Alright raging teen hormones. The first clue it's bad news is that it's associated with pandora's box."

"I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the music playing app?" Scott and Stiles both raised an eyebrow. "Okay, sorry, wasn't there something inside the box? A monster or something?"

"Or something... I know it was from Greek Mythology." Stiles lifted the book.

"How's the research coming?" All the boys jumped and looked up seeing it was Derek.

"Great!" Stiles offered almost too eagerly. he closed the book and set it on the table. Derek smiled and Stiles could feel his palms getting sweaty. "What's up?"