First Battle: The Struggle for Trost (1)

~Your PoV~

Eren was really trying to kill the Colossal Titan. Arguably the worst enemy of mankind next to the Armored Titan. You were not sure yet if you should find this plan brave and stupid or just stupid.

You couldn't watch what was going on, but after a while, there was a lot of smoke in front of the wall.

"Did Eren actually manage to kill the Colossal Titan?!" Connie asks in shock after neither of you could see the Colossal's head anymore as the smoke cleared.

Thomas looks up in disbelief. "That would be unbelievable!"

"Let's have a look instead of just speculating about it," you say. You thought it was pretty unlikely, though, that Eren would have defeated the Colossal Titan all by himself.

Connie and Thomas turn to look at you before nodding as Thomas says, "Yeah, let's have a look."

Connie, Thomas, Felix and you land on the wall. Sasha along with the others makes her way back so that the injured Samuel can be treated. She also said that she will let the officers know that the wall had been breached, however, you were sure that they were already aware of that. After all, it was impossible to miss.

After you arrive with both feet firmly on the wall, you help up Felix, who is crouching on the ground. "Is everything all right again, Felix?"

"I'm fine..." he mumbles, still completely out of it. 

"Eren, did you defeat it?!",  Thomas shouted to Eren, who was hanging on the outside of the wall.

Eren turns his head upwards before shouting, "No, it's the same as five years ago! He appears out of nowhere, and vanishes just as suddenly as!"

You were expecting that. As Eren joins you on the wall, you approach the others. "I'm sorry. He got away from me. "I'm sorry. I let him get away."

"Stop apologizing. What are we supposed to say, we haven't even moved," Thomas replied.

Connie interrupts them both. "Hey, there's no time for chatting! The wall's been breached!"

"Connie's right. There's going to be a lot of Titans showing up here in a minute." You point your sword at the Titans who were running towards the hole.

"That's why we have to patch the hole! Otherwise, the Titans will come in again," Connie says.

Suddenly, one of your superiors lands on the wall behind you and interrupts your conversation. "What are you doing here? The contingency plan for the appearance of the Colossal Titan is already begun. Return to HQ immediately! Anyone who had contact with it, report every detail!"

"Yes, sir." Each of you salutes, though Felix's salute was rather timid.

"Best luck to the advance team!", Connie says, before the soldiers of the Garrison walk past you and head off to the fight.

You and your comrades make your way back, as ordered, thus you were not present when the bloody battle begins.

In a hurry and rush, the citizens were tried to be evacuated, while they tried to force the Titans back with all the means at their disposal.

~°•°•°•◇•°•°•°~

"You recruits have completed training and graduated into proper soldiers! I expect you to actively participate in the operation, too.", the officer shouted, while all soldiers fill up their supplies, i.e. gas and blades, and prepare themselves mentally for the battle, but above all to die and to see death with their own eyes.