Reconsideration: The Survey Corps (1)

~Your PoV~

"It seems she's going to decline the offer," Erwin says, having noticed your hesitation quite clearly.

"Probably yes," Levi replies as he looks away from the window to Erwin.

"Hanji will probably be disappointed." The two men were about to leave the office, everything being done here when there was a knock at the door. Who opened it was none other than you.

"I've made up my mind. I'm going to accept the offer," you get right to the point.

"Are you sure about this? You got a glimpse of what the survey corps does. Many of the soldiers die on the expeditions. So you don't have to rush your decision."

"I am already sure about this and would like to join the survey corps. Besides, you have made it clear to me with your offer that the other regiments would not mind accepting me. There is a second option for me in case of emergency, but now I would accept the offer and give my strength to the survey corps," you explained with an expressionless face. You were not afraid of death. Of course, you didn't want to die for anyone else, but you also don't expect to kick the bucket quickly.

"I see. I am honored to welcome a soldier like you into my regiment. From now on, you are an honorable member of the survey corps." Erwin smiles at you.

So now you really are part of the survey corps. Now you just have to wait for Felix to do the same. Your decision stands, but what will his look like?

°•°•°•◇•°•°•°

The next day at about 10 o'clock a carriage came to pick you up and took you to the headquarters of the survey corps.

Introductions with your new comrades were quick, as you already knew each other from your first mission with the survey corps. Petra was still nice and friendly and immediately ready to help you, while Gunther and Eld were still a bit suspicious of you and Auruo was a pompous jerk.

"Wow, there are so many weird people in the survey corps. I'm really glad you're here!", Eren addresses you as you do the stable work together. "I heard that Corporal Levi and Hanji picked you out personally. I was wondering why. I mean... Some of the others had good grades, too, didn't they?"

"Good grades alone aren't enough, though. First, find someone who wants to join the survey corps, and can do a few things on top of that. I was just in the right place at the right time, with the right people. That's all." You pour the bucket of fodder into the intended feeding trough. Immediately, the horse begins to eat happily.

"Well anyway, I always planned to join the survey corps, so in that sense, it suits me fine. I'm going to give it my all. I don't know how long you'll stay, but it's nice to work with you."

You won't be getting out of here anytime soon, but at least you had more or less a choice, not like Eren.

Your stay at the survey corps headquarters with the entire members of the survey corps was not of long duration, since Eren was a danger because of his abilities, you and Levi's squad, had to move with him to the old survey corps headquarters, so you could keep a better watch on him.

The old headquarters was huge and looked like a castle. However, it was not very practical because it was so far from the wall. 

The old headquarters was full of weeds and dirt because it had been unused for so long, which the lance corporal didn't like one bit, and as you found out in your short time in the survey corps, he was fanatical about cleaning, so your first task was to polish the old headquarters.

You hated that task. Even before that, you could think of a thousand better things to do than cleaning, and with the corporal, it was even worse. Nothing was clean enough for him and you spent the whole day cleaning the same room over and over again because every time he found something that didn't meet his expectations, which you could never fulfill anyway.