Sky Blue Eyes: What should we do now? (3)

You were still in shock as you aimlessly roamed the grounds of the headquarters. How could it happen that someone killed the two Titans that you had captured with blood and sweat? You were happy that after the failed mission, you managed to accomplish it eventually. And now your efforts were in vain again. This simply couldn't be true... The only good thing about the situation was that you never had to help Hanji with her life-threatening experiments.

"Hey, (Y/n)!"

You're snapped out of your thoughts when you hear your name. You turn around and see Gunther and Eld coming toward you.

"Do you know where Eren is?" Gunther continues as they reached you.

You shake your head. "No, I don't."

"We were hoping you would know where he is because you two are always together. We need to talk to him about something," Eld said, slightly disappointed.

"That's not true at all," you immediately interrupted, "We're not always together."

Just at that moment, Eren came around the corner. "I knew that wherever one is, the other isn't far away. You just have to wait a bit.", Eld comments with a slight smirk, causing you to give him a stern look.

Of course, when Eren approaches you, he didn't know what the current situation, and your apparent bad mood, caused.

Gunther was about to speak to explain to Eren that they were looking for him when someone came after Eren. It was Petra.

"(Y/n)! I found you!" she said with her usual friendly smile, " I was just asking Eren if he knew where you were. When he said he didn't have a clue either, I was starting to think you had gone to the city."

"We had exactly the same idea. Except we asked (Y/n) about Eren," Gunther says.

"I guess that shows us then that it's better if you stay together, otherwise we'll just have to look for you," Eld said again, laughing.

You couldn't share his joy one bit. "What is it you need, Petra?" you address her with a now annoyed look on your face.

"And what did you want from me, Gunther?", Eren asks the same question to those who were looking for him. They briefly explained to him that he should come with them and they will explain everything to him on the way. The three of them left, leaving you and Petra alone. You direct a questioning look toward her.

"The commander wants you to take a letter to the headquarters of the military police. It's about the incident with the Armored Titan," she explains as she holds out the document to you.

Still a little annoyed, you take it from her. You can't understand why they let you play courier.

Petra noticed you eyeing the letter and could already tell by that what you must be thinking. "It's better if someone is present who has witnessed the whole incident and is trustworthy. Currently, only you are available for that."

Your eyes widened briefly in surprise, but that expression quickly disappeared from your face. You were surprised that Petra could read you so well, even though you had only been working together for less than a month.

"It's fine," you eventually nod, "I wasn't planning to refuse anyway."

You say goodbye to Petra before leaving on your way to deliver the letter.

It took you some time to arrive at the base where they were waiting for the letter. When you entered the building, they gave you a strange look. Of course, you thought to yourself. After all, it wasn't often that one saw the wings of freedom here.