Chapter 30: Andromeda Walburga Black

I woke once again weary in my still blood-stained sheets. looking at the clock on the wall, staring at the silver hands

          4:23 AM I flopped down again, now what. my mind was plagued by the things I had learned last night. I have two options, out her and make her leave, turn us her family, the only people she has left against her, or ignore her. honestly, I don't have the energy for drama starting right now, so at the moment we're going with option number two. 

          I let out a long overdramatic sigh and stood, finally taking a look at myself in the mirror. I was a ghastly shade of white, I still looked as though I had two black eyes, there was makeup smeared all over my face, my hair was grease, that's all I can say. also, I fucking smelled horrendous. I immediately looked away, the rising sun hitting my eyes. 

          I contemplated whether I wanted to wallow some more or if I wanted to shower. I looked again at myself, yeah shower. I strode into the large marble room, flipping on the hot water. I stood as the room steamed up. I stepped in slowly. I just stood as the water cascaded around me, tapping against my head. eventually, I snapped out of my daze, the water was cold. I quickly washed my hair and my face. I turned off the water and stepped out. I dried off and ran out before I got the chance to see myself in the mirror. I dressed in grey jeans, a black turtleneck and a green tank top over it. I did my makeup applying a thicker-than-should-be layer of concealer and foundation. I ran out grabbing my shoes and jacket I can put them on later I just needed to get out of that room.

          I ran up several flights of stairs to the roof. the sun had just peaked over the horizon. I stopped on the last stair pulling on my boots, I threw my jacket on, despite the hot weather. I took a seat forcefully on the edge of the black shingled roof. quickly materializing Ly's book once again in front of me, I leaned back, swinging my feet off the edge. I opened the book again flipping through a couple of pages. 

          Sixth year, May 8

          Draco's in the hospital wing. Again. Nobody except me knows why. He started again, cutting I mean, I don't know if I can help him. Or even how to start really. Sure I have my problems but nothing like what he's going through. I don't know how I should try, fuck, he nearly killed himself and I can't do anything to help him.

          I resisted the urge to chuck the book into the gardens. Angrily I ripped out a blank page and threw it. opening to another random page I started to read once again. 

          fifth year, November 27

          I'm in the hospital wing, I've been here for almost two days now. I almost drowned in the prefects' room, all because I got weak and self-consumed. Well, next thing you know I was panicking about little things. Like how I was failing herbology, stupid and petty I know, but yet some part of me feels better that I got it out. Before all that Draco had gotten mad at me, yelling. I wish I could help him, he's my brother and I love him but I can't do anything if he doesn't tell me how he's feeling. The most pathetic thing about all of this was the fact that stupid mudblood granger saved me.

         huh, that's why that happened, I was so consumed with my thoughts of the dark lord that I had blanked out that whole year. my rage boiled as I took in the rest of the entry... GRANGER saved her. I stopped and refused to let this happen, I can be angry after I get to the bottom of this. I hurriedly flipped the white paper again finding a new entry, 

          summer after fifth year, august 13

          I'm just gonna say Draco can be an absolute idiot, and a git sometimes. No, correction, most of the time. He complains night and day about liking harry-

           wait... harry... as in POTTER!??

          -but he refuses to ask him out, or even talk to him civilly for that matter. Potter-

         yeah, she means potter all right, I once again pushed down the quickly rising anger and continued to read at a hurried pace. 

          -is just as observant as a bloody brick wall.

          Sixth year, June 21 

            Jaiden left me. I don't know what to do with myself anymore, she was my light and now she's gone. It's like I have no point of being here anymore, I've stopped eating almost completely. I'm skinny, my ribs stick out far. All of this is because of that bloody bastard, the Dark Lord. I hate how Draco and I were forced into this so unwillingly. We're not like these people, not ruthless and mad like Bella or Andy. I just want to leave. Maybe I should have listened to Harry, I should've left.

          I was pissed, to say the least. I slammed the book shut as I stood up, quickly, too quickly. I stumbled, falling off the edge. ugh not again. yes, this has happened before I- don't judge me! I crossed my arms frowning as the wind whipped past me messing up my hair. I crossed my legs, waiting until I neared the ground before whipping out my wand stopping myself, hovering a foot in the air. I swiftly landed on the ground and ran into the house before anyone could see me. I swear I could feel a pair of eyes watching me from inside. 

          I ran back inside I quickly spelled the book once I was inside to look like a potions book. I saw Jake and Elton walking towards me. 

          "you two!" I shouted as I snuck up on them, I hit them both upside the head. the both rubbed their heads smiling sheepishly at me. 

          "Why the fuck didn't you tell me you were here!"

           "Sorry?" Jake said sarcastically empathetic.

          "well, you lied to me so I do believe you owe me a quidditch match. now" the both stood up straight and gave me a salute

          "ma'am yes, ma'am" the scurried off to their rooms, falling and tripping each other on the way. 

~~~~

          I swung my leg over my firebolt and swiftly flew over to Elton and Jake. 

          "so, Elton, where's Bri?" Brian, I would say is definitely my best friend if we exclude family that is, well my current situation considered we don't really need to say that.

          "oh, mum wanted to keep him home, no reason really, he's just the less problematic one" he replied blankly

          "oh," I said, frowning. he noticed this and tried to distract me,

          "but hey, I'm sure he'll be here soon" I smiled slightly

          "right" I hope so, I really need someone to talk to.