Chapter 9: Lyra-Bella Cassiopia Malfoy

DISCLAIMER! This art is not mine, I found it on google.

Nulla Pressura, Nulla Adamantem // No Pressure, No Diamonds.

     A vanishing cabinet. That was the answer. There was one in the room of requirement and its sister is in Borgin and Burkes. All I had to do was repair the one inside Hogwarts, run a few tests and then in no time death eaters will be swarming the place and Dumbledore will be in his grave. I'd already searched for the incantation, Harmonia Nectere Passus (Harmonia means Harmony, nectere means 'to tie together' and passus means 'to pass'), I excelled in charms so with a lot of focus and practice I hoped I could perfect the incantation and fix the cabinet before the end of the year. Draco and I were headed to go take a look at the beauty at that moment.
     "Do you think this will work?" Draco asked. I shrugged,
     "It has too," I responded. Draco chuckled darkly and put a hand gently on the case. His hand drew back covered in dust. He brushed his hands together to get it off,
     "Needs a cleaning," he crinkled his nose in disgust.
     "It doesn't need to be clean Dray, it just needs to work."
     "That's your opinion," he hissed. Someone's moody today, I thought. Then again I would be too if I was receiving twenty owls a day from Pansy Parkinson. Not even joking. Pansy has been sending him owls non-stop these past two days about how she can't wait to see 'drakie-poo' soon. When my mother saw Draco reading one of her letters and realized who it was she got all excited. Or as excited as our parents really got considering they weren't all that affectionate. She started talking about how good Pansy would be for Draco and it soon escalated to how they're marriage would be extremely beneficial. She hadn't seemed to notice Draco's distaste but I had.

     "Drakie-poo!" I was pushed aside as Draco was attacked by a pair of slender arms wrapping around him. Draco staggered and caught the enthusiastic Slytherin.
     "Hello Pansy," he greeted with a fake smile. Pansy giggled and wrapped her arm in his, clearly oblivious to the irritated look in Draco's eyes. Draco looked at me with pleading eyes, I simply laughed and strutted up to the shiny red train. I boarded with Pansy and Dray walking behind me. The latter most likely miserable.
     "Our kids would look so pretty Drakie, with my hair and your eyes. They'd be the most gorgeous babies! Don't you think?" I rolled my eyes and gave Andy a small smile as I slid into the seat across from her. Dray shook off the clingy Pansy and slid in beside Andy. Leaving Pansy to sit next to me.

"You wait up for me," Dray said as I stood to leave the train. I nodded and went to follow Pansy. Andromeda lagged behind, most likely to question Dray. I ignored the feelings of panic in my stomach and walked with Pansy. Upon reaching the school our luggage was checked and searched before we were allowed into the school. Once allowed in we headed to the great hall for the sorting and the feast, Andy and Dray managed to join us before the first years came in. When the feast started I didn't really feel hungry, I grabbed some food but after taking a few bites I snuck the rest onto Draco's plate. He glared at me and frowned down at the added food he now had on his plate.

"Quidditch tryouts are tomorrow," I said to Draco. We were in the Slytherin common room, nobody else was here except for a couple of first years.
"I'm not trying out this year," Draco said. I looked up at him in shock. Draco was reading a muggle book that had been a birthday gift from Jaiden. He refused to read it for a while because it was a muggle item but he eventually gave in, he finished the other books Jaiden had given him and was only just starting this one.

"What?" I gasped, "Why not?" Draco shrugged and placed his bookmark between his pages.
"Don't have time for it this year, I've got to focus on my school." He answered calmly. I looked into his steel grey eyes trying to pry something out of him, but they were cold and distant. I used to be able to read everything about him, now he feels like a mystery.
"Dray, I'm your twin sister. I know there's more," I said softly. Draco rolled his eyes.
"I'm just busy Ly. Is it a sin to be busy now?" I felt a stab at his tone of voice.
"I'm just concerned," I hissed back somewhat angrily, "what's gotten into you?"
"What do you mean?" He asked defensively.
"You keep snapping at me for no reason and you're always grumpy!" I exclaimed. Draco sneered at me and pulled his book back open.
"Just fuck off Ly."
"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief, "you did not just tell me to fuck off. What the hell is wrong with you?" I screeched, scaring the first years in the corner. Draco didn't answer he continued reading. "Fine," I crossed my arms stubbornly, feeling a little like a three-year-old doing so. "Fine, be that way then."

Jaiden found me by the black lake with tears in my eyes and my hands shaking. She took my hands gently between hers and sat next to me, leaning against the same tree I was.
Over the summer Jaiden had decided to adopt a new look. She was a metamorphmagus. Although she didn't use her abilities much every once and a while she'd change something. Now she had fuchsia eyes. A slightly darker colour than her pink hair, which was cut into an adorable bob.
     Jaiden looked at me with a question in her eyes.
"Draco's being a dick," I answered. Jaiden nodded and her fingers danced gently against the back of my hand in a soothing rhythm.
"Siblings can be like that." She said simply. I chuckled and a couple more tears rolled down my cheeks. Jaiden wiped them away and kissed the tear tracks along my face. "He'll come around, he loves you. Just give him a bit of space. Maybe he's going through something."
"But if he was surly he'd tell me, we tell each other everything!" I exclaimed. Jaiden nodded,
"Okay. But somethings are hard to say, no matter how much you may trust someone. Saying something out loud means acknowledging it and making it real, and that can make it even scarier." I digested her words for a moment and I supposed it made sense.
"So just give him space?" I asked. Jaiden nodded,
"Let him tell you when he wants too," she said, "but enough of your brother. What have you been up to gorgeous?" Her face went from sympathetic to flirtatious. I chuckled and smirked at the pink-haired girl.
"Oh not much, thinking about you. Particularly you kissing me," I answered softly. Jaiden giggled and moved from sitting against the tree to in my lap facing me. Then we were kissing.

I arrived at the Quidditch tryouts somewhat hoping Draco would have changed his mind. He didn't. There wasn't a huge turnout for tryouts but it was decent. I watched from the stands as Andy questioned the different girls a guys on their positions. There were two trying out for seeker, three for chasers, two for keeper, and three for beaters. They all seemed somewhat scared of Andy, the fear ranged from terrified to terrified but hiding it very well. She gave them some time to warm up and walked over towards me.
     "Why isn't D here?" She asked.
     "Said he was too busy for Quidditch this year," I sighed.
    "Bullshit," she replied. I agreed with her in my head but kept my mouth shut.

Pansy was making lovesick eyes at Draco and I felt like puking. Draco was staring at his essay, his mind off somewhere else clearly as he wasn't writing anything. Andy rolled her eyes and hit Pansy on the head with her Potions book. Pansy let out a squeal and glared at Andy,
"What was that for?"
"Being creepy," Andy replied. I chuckled. Draco was snapped out of his daze by the noise and a smirk was visible on his face.
"Perhaps we should take away your books Andy," he chuckled. Andromeda glared and threw a second book towards him. Draco ducked in time for the book to hit the chair behind him. "Where did that even come from?" Dray exclaimed before glancing up at the clock. His eyes widened, "shit I have to go." He rushed. Dropping his supplies into his bag and throwing his bag over his shoulder.
"Where? Classes are over?" I asked. Draco froze for a moment before replying,
     "I've got detention... with McGonagall." I narrowed my eyes as Draco rushed away suspiciously. Even an idiot could tell he was lying. I turned back to see Andy picking up her books and glaring at a couple of eavesdropping first years. Oh, what joy it brought to see them scramble away in terror. But I was still nervous about what was going on with Draco. I had to know. I know Jaiden said to wait but I couldn't, I was a nosy girl. I would find out what was up with Draco, no matter how long it took.

I found both of those pictures of Jaiden and I couldn't choose between them so I made the last minute decision to make her a metamorphmagus. I'm a mess lol. The quote in this chapter is about the pressure that Lyra is going to have to go through with fixing the vanishing cabinet.
-River 🌊