Chapter 17: Lyra-Bella Cassiopeia Malfoy

So I just got a laptop meaning my page setup will probably change because it's a lot different than writing on an iPad. Also... IMPORTANT! This chapter takes place before chapter 16 and during chapter 15. 

Dum Spiro, Sero // While I Breathe, I Hope. 

    I sat by the black lake alone. I'm tired and worried. The memory of Draco from yesterday laying in that bed covered in blood is ingrained in my memory. It's terrifying.
     "Relax bell, I practically hear you thinking." I jumped slightly and turned to look at the pink-haired girl who had materialized behind me.
    "Hey Jai, I didn't hear you." I laughed. Jaiden nodded and sat down next to me,
    "I could tell," she chuckled. Her hand slowly moved around my waist and I allowed myself to settle into her side. She smelt so familiar and I smiled as she kept me warm from the cold. I hadn't even realized how cold I was until her warmth was near.
     "There is something I wanted to ask you," Jaiden started. I gazed at her curiously and nodded, a sign for her to continue.
     "Okay? Yeah?"
     "I want you to try being friendly to Hermione." I gaped at Jaiden as though she's just told me Draco was kissing a Thestral.
    "No. Absolutely not. She's a mud-blood," I responded. Jaiden frowned.
     "I'm a half-blood Bell, am I unworthy of being here?"
     "No, but that's different." Jaiden scoffed and moved away from me. Her arm going to her lap.
     "Can't you just get over those stupid Malfoy beliefs. You and Hermione would get along!"
     "Can't you stop trying to interfere in my life. I don't need any more friends, especially not a Gryffindor Mud-blood," I screeched.
    "I can't believe you're-" Jaiden paused, her eyes were staring downwards in shock. I was confused until I noticed my sleeve had slipped upward and half of my dark Mark was showing. "Bell, please tell me that's not what I think it is," Jaiden pleaded. I shrugged and looked away, pulling down my sleeve. I couldn't bear to see the disappointed look she would give me. "Lyra!" Jaiden gasped, "why would you do that? Why would you take the mark?"
     "Because I had too!" I yelled. Jaiden shook her head and stood up,
    "I have to go," she said softly. I felt tears behind my eyes, threatening to fall.
     "Jaiden please stay," I pleaded. Jaiden shook her head,
     "I can't right now Lyra, I have to think." She walked away without glancing back. This wasn't how I wanted to tell her, I didn't want to tell her at all. I knew she wouldn't take it well, she was as against everything my family stood for.

     Andy, Pansy, and I were in our secret room. It was less energetic without Draco around.
     "Poor Drakie, he must be so sad. He probably misses me so much," pansy sighs. I roll my eyes, Andy does the same.
     "I think he's quite happy to have some peace for once," Andy said with a smirk. Pansy frowned at Andy for a second before continuing to paint her nails.
     "But he loves me," Pansy replied. I had the urge to stab the girl and shout at her about Draco's gayness and that he likes potter. However, I don't know how Andy would feel on the matter so I opted for staying silent. A silence fell upon the three of us as we continued our various activities. Andy was sharpening her daggers, Pansy painting her nails, and I was reading another muggle Romance. This one was called Red White and Royal Blue, Jaiden thought I might like the gay enemies to lovers aspect of it. I was only just starting it, Alex and Henry weren't even friends yet. Their relationship reminded me of Draco and Harry. They're enemies that fall in love. Or at least one of them falls in love, I can't speak for Harry.
     "I'm going to visit Drakie," Pansy said abruptly. She whisked out of the room, her nail polish spilling onto the floor.
     "Bloody hell," I muttered as I picked up my wand to clean the spill.
     "His obsession with D is boarder line stalkerish," Andy speaks. I laugh and nod in agreement. "Must she be so fucking stupid though. Like she can't even tell he's not interested. He's fucking gay," Andy yells. I look up at her in shock.
    "What?" I exclaim. Andy frowns at me,
     "Did he not tell you he was gay?" She asks. I shake my head,
    "He did. But how did you know?"
     "It's really fucking obvious," Andy laughs. I laugh along with her and it feels good. It was nice to know I wasn't the only person harbouring the secret anymore. Sure it wasn't a huge deal in general, but if it ever got out to the death eaters Draco would be beaten, shamed, tortured, degraded and maybe even hurt other ways I don't want to think about.
     "D practically leaks rainbows," Andy says with a smile.
     "Maybe to someone as perceptive as you, clearly it's not that obvious or Pansy would know by now," I said.  
     "Maybe she's just ignoring the possibility cause she's so absorbed in her little fantasy," Andy said. I nodded and frowned down at my book. Really Alex? You're scared of turkeys?